Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pest Trap Help..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Roseadora

Roseadora

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:16 AM

I have removed Spyfalcon thanks to you guys, however I am still having a problem with Pest Trap. I have tried to remove it with Norton, Ad - Aware, and Spybot. It is not "installed" to my knolage (it does not show up in 'add and remove programs', however when I open IE my 'homepage' is a "warrning" spam website: www.guarduptodate.com. How can I remove this? I have tried reseting my homepage but that doesn't work either. Thanks.

~Jenna

Mod edit: Link to deceptive website deactivated to prevent anyone from inadvertently getting infected. Please don't visit that site without adequate protection.

Edited by Papakid, 06 May 2006 - 08:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 06 May 2006 - 11:58 PM

Looks like you need to post a Hijack log in our HijackThis! forums. This is related to SpySheriff - quite nearly the same thing. Before you post, please read this.

It sounds as if you've got more than one infection. Please be patient, there are lots of logs and few helpers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users