Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Introduction - Goldfist aka Dave

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 goldfist

goldfist

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

Hello Everyone,

My name is Dave, and I am joining BleepingComputer to hopefully assist others as well as seek the training that is required to assist with Virus and Malware Removal at the forum that has been my home since Nov. 22, 2006.

I have spent the last 7 years helping others more than posting questions of my own on topics. As can be seen in my profile linked below, I have been pretty active with ComputerHope forums. And I hope to be help here as well.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=24045

My background in computers goes back to the Tandy TRS-80 Model 1 which was my first computer all the way to modern computers. Currently I am holding out right now on an upgrade to my one of a couple gaming systems I own to install the AMD FX-8350 8-core 4GHz CPU in a newer Socket AM3+ motherboard that supports it. So currently getting by on the Athlon II x4 620 2600Mhz quadcore in that build. And dual-cores in other systems I own, as well as a few single core systems.

I have a degree from Vermont Technical College in MIS/IT and worked 6 years as a systems administrator between 2003 and 2009, but ended up switching back to Electronics with my career path, in which I worked as an ET right out of High School in 1994 to 2002 from the years of hands on training. I grew up in lower middle class and taught myself electronics reading books and building kits and circuits, and learned computer electronics hands on since the only computers I had as my own were ones that died on others and were thrown away or given away as junk, since I couldnt afford to buy new or used when computers were $2500+ for PC's in the 1980s. I got by for many years on mixing and matching guts of broken systems to make working systems until finally being able to buy a new Pentium 4 computer in 2002 for $719 which was normally $999 at the time, and was required for Visual Studio .Net 2002 Professional to run. Since then I have bought a few computers but usually have gone the route of buying all the parts and building my own instead to make good systems at a fraction of the cost of a new off the shelf computer, however I recently bought a new ASUS dual-core laptop for $269.99 with Windows 8.1 which was normally a $350 laptop on a Black Friday deal.

Since 2009 I have worked a gov ET job and I like it. The job requires both ET and IT knowledge so its fun working with electronics problems and also servers, computers, and network issues.

Btw... Goldfist is my sneaky Assassin/Sub Rogue character in World of Warcraft that I decided to use as my name here. Don't worry I am NOT a sneaky rogue IRL...LOL  I only play it in this game, and the name goldfist for the rogue was because of the thief that the character is in pick pocketing money ( fist fulls pick pocketed of gold is how I came up with this name), no movie character reference in the name as some have thought over the years, and the fact that he was the money maker in selling virtual goods for maximum profits. Since this character was on an RP realm Steamwheedle Cartel, and this character originally was RP playing the role of a thief in the shadows who had few trusted friends, but havent RP'd for almost 5 years, this is the story that goes with the goldfist name that I chose to use here.

Online I enjoy helping others both in online forums as well as in online games. I both volunteer my time to assist others for free as well as service computers for a few clients so that I can still have time for myself. I had once taken on as many systems as were sent my way and it took the fun out of it when it started to cut into sleep hours, so I backed off on advertising my IT and ET services, and now days it is long term clients who call when in a bind and willing to pay for my well educated, trusted,  and confidential services. While many will go to geeksquad or a computer shop where handling of confidential data can be problematic, I handle clients who have extremely important and confidential data of which I cant speak any further details about other than the fact that the data is legal and not illegal. So I have engineers, doctors, lawyers, and other professionals as clients who call me direct when they are in a bind and I make emergency on call visits to assist them.

I can program in a bunch of different languages, but C++, C#, and Perl are my favorites right now, however I am working to strengthen my knowledge of PHP and Python.

Other than that, I am 38 years old and live in New Hampshire, USA and hope to move to a warmer part of the country at some point to get away from long winters and short summers. =)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone know when this will be available again?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click on the program that you wish to sign up for.

• Malware Removal Training Program
    No available slots. Please check back at a later time.
    Have a passcode? Click here

Edited by goldfist, 19 December 2013 - 11:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Welcome aboard! :welcome:

Anyone know when this will be available again?

You just have to keep checking, when a spot is open you can apply.

#3 goldfist

goldfist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

ok will do... Thanks :thumbup2:

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Regarding the training offered please see here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86678/malware-removal-training-program/

Especially of significance to you will be the portion after Please Note:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 goldfist

goldfist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Thanks Animal for the info... just saw the requirements and I will fulfill them first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users