Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer slowed down all of a sudden.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Eckilrack

Eckilrack

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

I'm running windows 8.1 on a fairly new laptop and up until yesterday it has been running fine. Yesterday everything started to slow down and now it runs too slow to do much on. I can't figure out what's causing the problem and I've tried many different things to fix it including scanning for viruses, scanning and fixing corrupt registries, troubleshooting windows as well as hardware and devices, defragmenting, checking for updates for windows and software, and restarting the computer a bunch of times. I checked the task manager and it seems that every once in a while the disk usage will be at 100% but it runs slow even when this is not happening. I would appreciate any help or suggestions on how to find and fix this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:58 AM

Try using System Restore to roll Windows back to an earlier point in time. (Doing so doesn’t change your personal files).

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

• Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel.

• Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click Recovery.

• Tap or click Open System Restore, and then follow the instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users