Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pdf Image Files

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 boobob

boobob

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 06 May 2006 - 04:27 AM

Hello there,
Is there a way to make changes (edit) pdf image files without the original word document or original pdf files? I have the authority to make the changes from the creator of the pdf image files who is far away from his computer for the next 6 weeks.
A local office services provider who has the Adobe editor/writer tells me that she must have the original word documents or pdf files.
If someone can do it for a fee or someone knows of a software I need to buy, please let me know. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:42 AM

Hi boobob.
I'm a little confused by your question. :thumbsup:
To "edit" any file you need a file to start out with.
If you don't have the original word document or pdf file, what do you have?

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2006 - 10:02 AM

The original user would have had to set up the original .pdf file so that changes were allowed.

"Acrobat software allows users to create Adobe PDF documents with password-protected security settings, including "Changing PDF Not Allowed" and "Selection of Text Not Allowed." If you're getting an error message, contact the author of the Adobe PDF document to see if they'll provide the password or disable the security settings, then resubmit the document."
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/access_tools_faq.html

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 boobob

boobob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2006 - 10:51 AM

Hi HitSquad & jgweed,

Thanks for your reply!

The 21 image files are easily downloadable from a webpage. I will give the link to that webpage to the person who can help me. Easy to see the files with an Adobe reader.

These 21 image files were copied by Staples from the original paper copy given to me by the creator of the documents. The local store which created the webpage tells me that it needs the original word or pdf files. Originals are in the creator's home computer but won't be back for 6 weeks on a work assignment.

I have the authority to make the desired changes, given by the creator whose cell phone usually don't work where he is now working.

John, you are probably correct that the files are password protected. The creatoe should have told me that and should have given me the password. He did not and so I am hoping that "web-published/accessible" files are modifiable. I will call the local office Monday if it is getting the "error" message and that's why it is needing the original files?

Edited by boobob, 06 May 2006 - 10:56 AM.

#5 boobob

boobob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:03 PM

Hello there,

I just learned from the creator of the pdf files that the files are NOT password protected.

My question now is: if I buy the Adobe standard 7.0, will I be able to edit the existing PDF files that my Adobe reader in my computer are showing?

Thanks again!

#6 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:29 PM

Posted Image

#7 boobob

boobob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:01 AM

FOLLOW-UP For All:

Have purchased the Adobe 7.0 Standard because the Staples software expert told me that I can edit image files with it. Cost of software is $299 + tax.

After spending 7 hours trying to edit these image files, looks like I am back to square one. Texts are imbedded into the images and so converting current pdf files into rtf, gif, text, jeg, tff, pdf and 5 other options do NOT allow me to edit the text part of these image files.

Aside from bringing my computer with all the files and Adobe 7.0 Standard to the local Staples software salesman, any other suggestions I can try?

#8 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:47 PM

FOLLOW-UP For All:

Aside from bringing my computer with all the files and Adobe 7.0 Standard to the local Staples software salesman, any other suggestions I can try?

Post a link to the PDF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users