Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer architecture question?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hbyton

hbyton

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

I am working on an assignment and have been asked to explain why knowledge of the binary number system is essential for a programmer or system engineer.

Obviously I don't want someone to give me the answer because I want it to be my work however I know that many people here will have experience working in this field. I just wondered if you could give me an example of when you have needed to use the binary number system whilst working in one of these fields?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

That's the way computers work. That's the way switches work. I'am sure youve heard of  

twos compliment. (ones compliment also). Its how logic gates work. The math of on and off.

easier then the 10 base system, less to memorize. right?

No answer there right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users