Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This laptop getting screen saying computer is locked by the FBI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 paw51

paw51

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

My husband started using my daughter's old laptop 2 weeks ago.  He was on the "guest" account with no password enabled.  The FBI warning screen came up and he shut down the browser.  Now on the guest account the address bar shows "blocked.us" instead of google as it previously.

Also does not let you go to Netflix on either account.  On administrator's account it says the connection was broken and on the guest account a screen shows up asking for your email address to "verify your account".  I checked with Netflix and they said they don't have such a screen.

I am basically computer illiterate when it comes to viruses, ads, etc.

This computer is an HP running intel core i3 and windows 7 premium-64 bit-service pack 1.  Bios is F.37

Security program is Avast and their safe search application.

Firefox addons:

Do Not Track Me

Updated AdBlocker for Firefox 11.0+

Mask Me for email addresses only

Laptop also has OutFox TV.  I uninstalled with Revo Uninstall at level 4, but it is still on the browser for the guest account, although it is gone from the admin. account.

Other problems are Firefox repeatedly unresponsive for few minutes and and script errors on Java plug in.

Please help.

Pat

Edited by hamluis, 19 December 2013 - 04:10 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infecrted - Hamlujs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

Please Download the Norton Power Eraser.

https://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx

Right Click NPE and run as Admin.

Go to advanced Options and perform a system scan.

Remove all it finds post the log here.

Update and do a quick scan with Malwarebytes remove all that it finds and reboot.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-setup.exe

Post the log here,

• Please download Adware cleaner from the link below.
  • http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Right click run as admin.
  • Hit the scan button.
  • Allow completion.
  • Make sure all items are ticked.
  • Hit the clean button.
  • Even if no items are displayed to be ticked hit the clean button anyway.
  • The machine will reboot this is normal.
  • Post the log in your next reply.

Please download JRT from here & double click to start the program.

1. Hit any key when prompted and allow it to run through it's process.

H2HaYv4.png
  2. Post the log when it's finished.

#3 Twitterfollower

Twitterfollower

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:39 AM

Here's a link to a video which has step by step instructions to remove FBI virus,

#4 paw51

paw51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

Seems it is getting worse.  I never could get the Norton logs to you.  Computer kept freezing up when I tried to copy and paste and they were too big to attach here.  It was so large it took at least 3 minutes to copy it.  So I decided to start again.  Downloaded MINITOOLBOX, but it never got past getting ipconfig.  Task manager said it was not reponding.

FBI crap is still popping up and Netflix is still blocked by something that says I need to enter my email address to confirm my Netflix account.  Netflix has confirmed this is not part of their software.

Firefox is still freezing up with script problems.  And MoneyPak removal did not work because safemode with networking would not open completely.

Now what can I try?

:unsure:

Pat

Edited by paw51, 05 January 2014 - 06:33 PM.

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,845 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

Hello,

I see that you created a new topic with a number of the logs here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519384/fbi-virus-and-other-problems/

That is a forum in which someone receives one-on-one assistance.

Because you have created this topic,  you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possibleI advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.  Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users