Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Pro Bootcamp on Basic Thunderbolt SSD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JonDfox

JonDfox

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:32 PM

Got another tricky one for ya.

I have an iMac 21,5" late 2012 with thunderbolt.

I want to install Windows 7 Professional Bootcamp on an External Thunderbolt SSD (Basic partition).

I tried using this guide http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-install-windows-7-to-usb-external-hard-drive-must-read/

But didnt work, probably because it's not for Mac users + not Thunderbolt.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thank you for reply!

Best Regards

Jonas

Edited by hamluis, 20 December 2013 - 12:29 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to System Building - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JonDfox

JonDfox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

I'm giving up, describing the compatibility between Mac/Windows/External Harddrives = USA/Russia/China, try to solve that.

I'm buying a PC, can anyone recommend me hardware and components for a PC designed for Video Editing + gaming?

#3 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

How good are you at custom builds? You could get out cheaper and also get experience.

Also where are you looking at buying one? IbuyPower, Cyberpower, Newegg?

Edited by chrisd87, 20 December 2013 - 12:46 PM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#4 JonDfox

JonDfox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

I can build a computer, I know where things fit and dont fit, and to follow the manuals of motherboards etc, THAT SAID, it was 10 years ago since I had my fingers on computer hardware, so I have missed a lot. Second, I live in Dubai, and I cant seem to find any store etc that sells, so I have to order (which most does anyway). Hehe, Im just completely frustrated that Ive spent 10 days trying to solve a problem, spending 1100 dollars, on something that is doomed to fail if you are not bill gates and Steve jobs in the same body.

Anyway, thanks for all your help guys.

Wish me luck

(do u think an iMac will survive a drop from 78th floor?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users