Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disappearing Desktop Icons

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Reecy7

Reecy7

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

I have an ASUS laptop which runs on Windows 7.  Last night I had desktop icons for the recycle bin, for instance, when I shut it down.  When I started the computer this morning all of my icons except for "intel" and "Entertainment were gone.  These two are not icons that I created.

I checked the "Desktop icons" program and all looked well. My icons showed up in the display box.

What has turned my icons off and how do I get them back?  

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Edited by hamluis, 19 December 2013 - 12:13 PM.
Moved from Vista to Win 7 - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Reecy7

Reecy7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

My daughter found the solution to this minor problem.  Right click on the desktop and click on, "view."  Click on the button that says, "view icons," or something like that.  They all popped up.  Something in an update must have turned them off.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,579 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

Glad you resolved it, thanks for letting us know...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users