Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange issue when minimizing application

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FrogerMan

FrogerMan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

This only happens with certain programs.  

For example, I have Microsoft Outlook 2013 open and Chrome open on top of that full screen.  When I minimize Chrome, the picture from Chrome will still be partially visible on the screen even though Outlook is the top window.  To get it to fix itself I just have to click on outlook, and the image from Chrome disappears.

This only happens with certain programs.  

FYI, In Control Panel > Performance Information and Tools > Adjust Visual Effects everything is unchecked.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 linuxpowers

linuxpowers

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hey FrogerMan!

I have 2 computers with windows 7 on them and I took a look at Control Panel > Performance.....>Adjust Visual Effects and they all have something checked if not all of them checked. I also noticed some radio buttons at the top of that tab:

• Let Windows choose what's best for my computer
  • Adjust for best appearance
  • Adjust for best Performance
  • Custom

Which radio button is clicked on your system? I would check, "Let Windows choose what's best for my computer" and then see how everything looks. Microsoft says that these are "performance" issues and each one can be unchecked to increase system performance. If this works for you, you'll have to decide or choose which you prefer, visual enhancements, system performance or a balance between both.

Let me know what you find!

AMD FX-8120 Zambezi | GeForceGTX550Ti | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 | ASUS M5A99X Evo | Windows 7HE SP1....or something like that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users