Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Immediately!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Eternal13

Eternal13

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

Ok, I've never needed more help in my life and need help fast. I have a windows 7 pro dell alienware r17. As of yesterday I have been not been able to access the networking in normal start up but I can access it in safe mode with networking. Issue 2. I am unable to download any programs what so ever in IE or chrome. I receive in the download bar, Failed-Download error. issue 3. I am unable to access programs from the desktop. and opening any programs in safe mode I am receiving error messages "the setup controller has encountered a problem during install. Please review the log files for further information on the error." I am not sure how to access this, I need help asap to finish my schooling. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eternal13

Eternal13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

Also, programs can not verify the license for any applications. Failed repair attempts canceled by the user and the programs shut down and close immediately. 

#3 Eternal13

Eternal13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

I also just tried a system repair and back up to a restore point and unexpected error access is denied (0x80070005) system restore will now close. This all happened right after window 7 critical update. 

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

Hello, first try

Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.
Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.
Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.
Now check if the internet is working again.

OR

WIN7.. Please Download this file, Click Me
Right-click on winsockfix.bat and click on Run as Administrator.

Then try to run these. If still no internet they can be run from a USB or CD if d'loaded of another machine.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
    Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.
  • Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.
  • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
  • If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
  • If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
    ADW Cleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer like it did before.
  • After the scan has finished...
    <-insert any special instructions here for what to uncheck OR remove this line if there are none->
  • This time click on the Clean button.
  • Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
  • Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.

thisisujrt.gif Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Edited by boopme, 19 December 2013 - 12:39 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Eternal13

Eternal13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

Should I do this in normal or safe mode?

#6 Eternal13

Eternal13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

Firstly, the proxy was already unchecked. Second. I ran win socks fix.bat and it said no setting were changed. Rebooted in normal mose and internet is back in action. Next step to download mini toolbox.exe and still receiving "failed - download error" I do not have an additional computer to load these from.

#7 Eternal13

Eternal13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

I can not download .exe or .zip files

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,078 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

If still no internet they can be run from a USB or CD if d'loaded of another machine.

If you cannot access another machine then start a new topic here.

Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

Title it "infected an cannot run any .exe files."

Let me know if that went well.

Edited by boopme, 19 December 2013 - 02:14 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 Eternal13

Eternal13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:21 PM

I have internet access now, but still unable to download and run .exe or .zip files. Network error Windows cannot access C:\Users\XTINA\Desktop\MiniToolBox.exe

check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network, to try to identify and resolve network problems. click diagnose.. did so and receive An error occurred while troubleshooting. A problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting.

Could there be an issue in regedit or msconfig. something is not right and blocking my access to files

I do not have another machine to work from...

#10 Eternal13

Eternal13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

I am able to open the command prompt normally but when I click on open with administrator it is denying access..

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,078 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

Lets see if they run after these.

Download FixExec.exe to your desktop.
Double click on the downloaded file to run the fix.
When the program has finished, it will generate a log on the desktop called FixExec.txt.
Post the log in your next reply.

NOTE: If for any reason you're not able to execute FixExec.exe rename it to FixExec.com, FixExec.pif or FixExec.scr.

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.
  • Link 1
  • Link 2
    • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
    • If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
    • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
    • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
    • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
    • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
  • Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.

#12 Eternal13

Eternal13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

No I can't It says that windows cannot access it.

#13 Eternal13

Eternal13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

saved file as .pif (all files) removed exe option. IE seems to be executing the download of the file now.

#14 Eternal13

Eternal13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

I can get the file to download but then windows is still unable to open it

#15 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,078 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

The RKILL links 1 & 2 are already renamed files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users