Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard drive keeps disconnecting - unable to recover big files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 asiuleczka

asiuleczka

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

I had an Acer laptop which fell off the bed and stopped working. I now have been trying to recover my data from its hard drive for about 2 months. I connected it with my new laptop via USB and am using Remo Recovery Software to retrieve the files but the problem is, the hard drive keeps disconnecting every couple of minutes. I would really appreciate some advice on how to fix this problem, reconnect it different or ideally what software would not stop the recovery when the hard drive disconnects but pause it and wait until it connects again. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

Have you tried just using windows to pull the files over? When you connect the the hard drive to your computer, it should mount as another hard drive in the pc. Once it's mounted it will get assigned a drive letter and from there you could access your files as usual and pull them from the bad hard drive to working one.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users