Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Copy a folder no matter what !

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jahanzeb88

Jahanzeb88

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:11 AM

Hi guys,
I know there maybe already a topic here of this problem but believe me i have done everything on the internet to try to copy the Desktop folder to backup ... but it always says Access is denied

most of the folders were hidden as system files - that I fixed
All titles files and folder are green in color

here are the things I tried - XP sp3

Tried to take ownership - which i think i succeeded
give permission
Ran combo fix
tried to decrypt - access is denied

Run scandisk
Took out HDD and connected to windows 7 PC - did the same things still failed
no matter what I do The Folder just doesnt copy
Access is denied !!

any solutions ?!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

The green color indicates that the folders are encrypted....without the proper key, the files cannot be accessed.

The question I have is how did the files become encrypted?

If encryption is the result of malware, you should initiate a new topic, following Steps 6-8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and submit the requested DDS log, along with your ComboFix log, in the forum containing the Preparation Guide.  In your new topic, please provide all pertinent details leading up to evidence/notification of the files being encrypted.

Once that is done, this topic will be closed and your new topic should be pursued to conclusion.

Thanks for understanding :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users