Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Minidump Error

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bashysteelz

bashysteelz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:41 AM

Hi :) ....I noticed I couldn't hibernate my system. Each time I did, when my system lights goes off, on powering it on, it shows the 'Start Windows normally' view, which means it has been shut down improperly. On startup, it gives a minidump error. i have formatted my system, reloaded it's OS times without number, but this doesn't seem to solve the problem. I analysed the minidump file with Blue Screen View. Attached, is the document that explains the error. Kindly help y'all. THANKS :)

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

You posted that you have installed the operating system numerous times and still have this problem.  The problem being the BSOD?

If this is the case I would suspect a hardware issue.

After the BSOD can you finish booting into Windows?

If you can please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When the  FileHippo website opens, click on Download latest version in the upper left pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 bashysteelz

bashysteelz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:17 AM

I did as instructed.
This is what I got. Thanks for helping :)

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ppjoNiWItJ4h1IuZUSDF47j

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 18-12-2013
Ran by Olawale (administrator) on 20-12-2013 at 10:15:38
Running from "C:\Users\Olawale\Desktop"
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate   (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (12/19/2013 04:53:27 PM) (Source: SideBySide) (User: )
Description: Activation context generation failed for "Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="*",processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.0.0"1".
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="*",processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.0.0" could not be found.
Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Error: (12/19/2013 04:19:12 PM) (Source: SideBySide) (User: )
Description: Activation context generation failed for "Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="*",processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.0.0"1".
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="*",processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.0.0" could not be found.
Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

System errors:
=============
Error: (12/19/2013 03:11:49 PM) (Source: BugCheck) (User: )
Description: 0x000000a0 (0x00000009, 0xc0000001, 0x00000001, 0x00000000)C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP121913-26972-01

Error: (12/19/2013 03:11:40 PM) (Source: EventLog) (User: )
Description: The previous system shutdown at 3:09:26 PM on ?12/?19/?2013 was unexpected.

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================
Error: (12/19/2013 04:53:27 PM) (Source: SideBySide)(User: )
Description: Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="*",processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.0.0"D:\List Of Setups\flashplayer11-2_p6_install_win_ax64_022712.exe

Error: (12/19/2013 04:19:12 PM) (Source: SideBySide)(User: )
Description: Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls,language="*",processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.0.0"C:\Users\Olawale\Documents\List Of Setups\flashplayer11-2_p6_install_win_ax64_022712.exe

=========================== Installed Programs ============================

Adobe Reader 9.3.3 (Version: 9.3.3)
Android Skin Pack 1.0-X86 (Version: 1.0-X86)
Apple Application Support (Version: 2.3.6)
Apple Mobile Device Support (Version: 7.0.0.117)
Apple Software Update (Version: 2.1.3.127)
Bonjour (Version: 3.0.0.10)
Google Chrome (Version: 31.0.1650.63)
Google Update Helper (Version: 1.3.21.123)
Internet Download Manager
iTunes (Version: 11.1.2.31)
Java Auto Updater (Version: 2.0.5.1)
Java™ 6 Update 26 (Version: 6.0.260)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022 (Version: 9.0.21022)
Mozilla Firefox 18.0 (x86 en-US) (Version: 18.0)
Mozilla Maintenance Service (Version: 18.0)
Picasa 3 (Version: 3.0)
Speccy (Version: 1.24)
VLC media player 2.0.2 (Version: 2.0.2)

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 49%
Total physical RAM: 2039.3 MB
Available physical RAM: 1029.8 MB
Total Pagefile: 4078.61 MB
Available Pagefile: 2909.14 MB
Total Virtual: 2047.88 MB
Available Virtual: 1931.39 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

1 Drive c: () (Fixed) (Total:146.85 GB) (Free:98.42 GB) NTFS
2 Drive d: () (Fixed) (Total:85.84 GB) (Free:82.27 GB) NTFS
3 Drive e: (boys2) (CDROM) (Total:2.36 GB) (Free:0 GB) UDF

========================= Users: ========================================

User accounts for \\OLAWALE-PC

Administrator            Guest                    Olawale                  

========================= Minidump Files ==================================

No minidump file found

**** End of log ****

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

The MiniToolBox show the error 0x000000a0.  This is an indication the the hibernation file size is not large enough for the current memory content loaded on the system.

Click on the Start orb, type cmd in the Search programs and files box.  Programs will appear above the search box with cmd below it, right click on it and choose Run as administrtator.

When the Elevated Command Prompt appears type powercfg /hibernate /size 100 and press Enter. Please observe the three spaces in the command.

Type exit and press Enter

In the Speccy I see that you don't have SP1 installed, this is important and should be installed.

It looks like the hdd may be in trouble, the S.M.A.R.T. status shows Warning.  This should be the first priority!

In order to determine the condition of the hdd I would like for you to run Seatools for DOS.

Notice:  SeaTools for DOS will run on all manufacturer's hard drives, but may not recognize the hard drive if the Storage Configuration is not set in a configuration which SeaTools will recognize. 

If the motherboard has a Intel SATA controller the storage configuration for SATA must be set to AHCI.

If the mohterboard has a Marvel SATA controller the storage configuration for SATA must be set to IDE.

To determined how your storage is configured open the Device Manager and click on IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.This will expand the tree allowing you to see your storage configuration.

If you need to change the configuration you will have to go into the BIOS to make the change.

Please download SeaTool for DOS.

When the SeaTools for DOS website opens click on I Accept, then click on the Download button in step #4.

This download is a ISO image which you will need to burn to a CD in order to create a bootable disc with which to run the diagnostic tests.

To burn this ISO file to a CD or DVD please downlaod ImgBurn and install it.

Insert blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive.

Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc.

ImgBurn1_zps715cb1c2.png

Click on the Browse for a file icon:

imgb1_zpsbb69e759.png

Right click on the Start orb startorb_zps06e1f985.png, then click on Downloads.  Scroll down to the SeaTools for DOS download and click on it.  This will load the ISO image, you will see the information listed as it is in the image below outlined in red.

imgb2_zps3f021ae7.png

Click on the blue arrow (also outlined in red) to start burning the bootable CD.

Once the disc is created load it in the CD/DVD drive and restart the computer.

Please note:  You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hdd is the second device.

Please run the long test and include the results in your next post in this topic.

Edited by dc3, 20 December 2013 - 09:42 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 bashysteelz

bashysteelz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:21 AM

Thanks for your reply. I did the stuff u asked me to with the DOS. I don't understand what you mean by to install SP1. I have a window7 ultimate installed.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

Windows 7 has a Service Pack which is not installed on your computer.  It needs to be installed.  I would make this a priority.

The Seatools for DOS is what you are referring to, did you run the long diagnostic test?

If so, what were the results?

Edited by dc3, 23 December 2013 - 09:08 AM.

#7 bashysteelz

bashysteelz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:43 AM

I got it to work :D ...Found out some drivers weren't driven on my system. All i did was drive them and it worked. The only problem I have is, 'My fingerprint sensor won't work' Even though it's driven :(. [I use a compaq 6710b Laptop]

THANKS FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE :)

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

Glad to hear it is working. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users