Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System crash

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mrsbeautiful05

mrsbeautiful05

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

Hello!

Hope you're having a fantastic holiday season so far. Have you finished your shopping?

Well, I'm here with a problem. A few weeks ago, my Win7 crashed while i was online. It was working fine, and I had been here doing work on it in another forum. Everything seemed ok. My PC is from '09. I'm not sure if it's worth fixing, or just investing in a newer model. I really like this PC, but maybe it's time to give it up. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? I can't turn my PC on. Norton suggests I make a bootable DVD but the one I have doesn't have enough room to complete the burn.

Namaste!

Love & Light

:flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

Can you post if its a laptop/desktop and of what model? What were the last things that your computer is exhibiting going to the current situation?

Tekken

#3 mrsbeautiful05

mrsbeautiful05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

I have an HP Entertainment PC dv7 laptop. My memory is kind of slow, and it was quite a while ago, but I sort of remember that my PC was a bit slow, and I had problems with Norton showing up twice in my taskbar. I had taken it thru a thorough cleaning with another BC tech, but I suppose some malware could have been left behind.

Namaste!

Love & Light

#4 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

I would try to boot into safe mode with networking,(tap F8 as you turn on your machine) and run a malwarebytes scan. If you don't have it you can download it at http://www.malwarebytes.org. If you can get it started I'd run another scan in normal windows.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

I can't turn my PC on.

Can you confirm if you aren't able to boot or turn on your computer?  If still bootable,

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Tekken

#6 mrsbeautiful05

mrsbeautiful05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

My PC won't do anything. It doesn't turn on or boot. I thought maybe my battery died. I need a new one actually.

Namaste!

Love & Light

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

How about on direct power AC adapter and removing your battery?

Tekken

#8 mrsbeautiful05

mrsbeautiful05
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

Thank you!! That worked. I'm not sure that I would have thought of it. Is there a limit to how long I can use the AC adapter power? Or should I try to put the battery back in again?

Namaste!

Love & Light

#9 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

. Is there a limit to how long I can use the AC adapter power? Or should I try to put the battery back in again?

You can use the AC power as long as you want with the battery removed. If the battery is not charging or needs replacement, then its time to invest and shop for one so everything would be back to normal. Most considerations on investing such is if your laptop overall is still in good condition.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users