Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Painfully Slow

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sphygmo

sphygmo

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

Hi everyone. I am desperate so I decided to write. I have a Dell 1545 Inspiron, 4 years old. The first symptom I noticed was that the laptop always hangs when browsing with any browser: mozilla, IE, chrome. One day it just stopped working, so I did a factory restore (my DVD drive doesn't work so I didn't want to reformat without knowing how to boot with disk). For awhile it worked fine but about a month later it started freezing again. I downloaded Chrome and Safari (After the system restore I ran only on IE and Mozilla).

A couple days earlier I noticed that even my wi-fi turned on and off without reason, I lost connection from our router but my friends (whom I live with) said that their connection was wroking just fine. Then, after this I noticed that my laptop just froze everywhere. I tried to open folders, freeze. I just couldn't do anything.

I decided to do a check disk and it didn't even work. I had to do an MS DOS check disk! And it gets stuck at 6%.

I don't think it's a virus because my CPU Usage is very low 1-8%, and I don't see any anomalous processes.

Guys, what do you think? I am so worried that some hardware is busted! I don't want to shell out the dough....

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

Download Security Check by screen317 from here.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

Download Autoruns and Autorunsc Unzip it to your desktop and then double click autoruns.exe After the scan is finished then click on File>>>>>>>>>>>Save The default name will be autoruns.arn make sure to save it as Autoruns.txt under the file type option. in other words make sure it is a .txt file instead of .arn Attach the text in your next reply.

Update and do a quick scan with Malwarebytes remove all that it finds and reboot.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/program/mbam-setup.exe

Post the log here,

#3 sphygmo

sphygmo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

I resolved it guys. I just did a chkdsk /r... it took ages but now it seems to work again. Must be all the turning off and on I did without proper shut down.

Thanks!

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:14 AM

Glad you got it resolved. :guitar:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users