Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motorola surfboard sbg6580

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yoyosmuggler

yoyosmuggler

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

I got this new modem and wireless in one. I have tried several times to get this thing set up the way I want it but can't figure it out. I'm trying to forward a port on it. I went to portforward . com to see if I was doing everything correctly, as I used to. this is from my ipconfig/all currently ipv4 address. . . . . . . : 192.168.0.5 subnet mask . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 default gateway . . . . . : 192.168.0.1 dhcp server . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1 I tried to set up forwarded port the way I do at my house. but this is at my mothers house. my house --------- ip address 192.168.1.12 subnet mask 255.255.255.0 default gateway 192.168.1.11 prefered DNS server 68.105.28.11 Alternate DNS server 28.105.29.11 Tried to use that configuration with this router but doesn't work. after speaking with aaris tech support I set up router all the same except ip address to 192.168.0.254 used port forward port checker and it was open. then unplugged router to move it to the other side of the house and restarted computer. again doesn't work. only if i obtain ip address automaticly I can connect to the internet. my computer win 7 home premium sp1 Asus U56E intel core i5 64-bit OS
  • Operating System
    win 7 64 SP1
  • Antivirus Software
    ESET
  • Firewall
    built in
  • Computer
    Personal laptop
  • CPU
    Intel Core I5-2430M CPU @ 240 GHz
  • Motherboard
    ASUS. the one that came with it