Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer in an infinite loop of restarting

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kyuisu

kyuisu

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

So recently, my computer which had been working fine last night, won't boot up properly.

IT shows the beginning screens until it's up to the screen where I choose my OS (?) which has the options:

1) Microsoft Recovery Console

2) (do not select this) debugger and

3) Windows XP Professional.

After that screen, it restarts. I tried the F8 Method during said screen and selected every option (Safe mode, vga mode, don't restart after system failure) and none of it is working...

I have a feeling it could be Malware, because I saw that the Chrome extension HoverZoom (hover over links and images appear) spreads malware and whatnot-- I immediately deleted it after seeing it. 

I haven't been able to get past that screen and it's really annoying me, because I have soo much history and important files on that desktop. 

Also some more info: I usually put my computer to sleep instead of shutting it down, but instead when I did that last night, it restarted so I shrugged it off as some small error and manually shut it down before it booted up. 

Much thanks to anyone who replies. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

Hello, did you run any Malware removal tool and if so,which?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 kyuisu

kyuisu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

Hello, did you run any Malware removal tool and if so,which?

No, I simply deleted it off the extensions page in Chrome settings and tried searching for it in my program files.

If you mean if I have run any malware removal tools in the past, than I wouldn't be able to remember them. I'm using AdAware which scans every Sunday I believe, but the whole day, I've not been able to use my desktop computer. 

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

OK, I will see if I can get an expert on these situations to look here when they have time.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 kyuisu

kyuisu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

OK, I will see if I can get an expert on these situations to look here when they have time.

Alright, thank you. It may be a hardware problem, but I can't be so sure. 

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:49 AM

My apologies, I see this topic was overlooked, please let me know if you still need help with this issue.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users