Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSI AE220 All In One Dead

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 crayfisher

crayfisher

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:31 AM

Hello,

No POST and no video except "HDMI no signal" flashes for a second. Hard drive light is steady on. Removed hard drive and memory, no change. Graphics card is integrated. New motherboard is almost $300! Any help would be appreciated.
Thank-you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

MSI Warranty Information

AIO Service Policy - For all regions except Europe - Warranty Period (base on Mfg. date) - System - 15 months

AIO Service Policy - For Europe - Warranty Period (base on Mfg. date) - System - 24 months (Additional 12 months extend warranty available)

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

If you replaced that motherboard yourself...no warranty provisions would apply (since such replacement would void the normal warranty).

Who replaced the board...and what led up to the decision to replace the motherboard?

Louis

#4 crayfisher

crayfisher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

Motherboard has not been replaced yet. Just wondering if anyone had suggestions before I drop that amount of money on a new MB. Computer is second hand and out of warranty. Symptoms are as noted above. Thanks

#5 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

Have you pulled every external device off the computer?

#6 slgrieb

slgrieb

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

As always, I would test the PSU. If it's good, then I would have to agree that the board is bad. All the same, if a less expensive MOBO would fit your needs, you don't have to buy the same board as a replacement.

Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is... 
WIFFLEBALL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users