Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 0x000003eb

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Pestyone

Pestyone

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:51 AM

Ok think getting a fix won t be fun but here goes.

Using a brother MFC J470 DW printer with win 7 HP 64 bit and all i keep getting is " Software can t connect error 0x000003eb " 90% though the install process !

Used the cd then tryed the site software; tryed superantispyware and malwearbytes and 2 reg cleaners then used windows file checker and that found nothing but have a feeling file checker miss's a lot so need something better to try ; been googling a lot and so far no file/ folder checker and fixer yet but will keep looking and will post that log here for help; better i fix anything.

So what is this error about is it with brother or win 7 and how do i get it fixed ; quickly i hope so i can finally use my new printer that i just got this past friday.

My other printer works fine a lazer but miss the scanner and color print so got a new one; can t figure out yet why one printer works and the other gets the number error very very weird . 

Need help  -  thanks  . . . 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:31 AM

OMG found this and posting it here hope it gets me a fix so what do i do now - fingers crossed awaiting help / a fix whoopy  . . .

Hoping a fix is seen . .

Mod Edit:  Removed FRST scan data, not allowed in this forum and situation does not appear to involve malware - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 18 December 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Do you have UAC disabled in the User Accounts in the Control Better?

Did you uninstall the drivers first and then reinstall the drivers via the dsc with the printer physically disconnected?

Usually the drivers are installed with the power and USB connection disconnected from the printer.  At some point you should be prompted to plug in the USB connection and then the power.

Edited by dc3, 18 December 2013 - 12:58 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

" Do you have UAC disabled in the User Accounts in the Control Better?

Did you uninstall the drivers first and then reinstall the drivers via the dsc with the printer physically disconnected?

Usually the drivers are installed with the power and USB connection disconnected from the printer.  At some point you should be prompted to plug in the USB connection and then the power. "

Ok not to sure beause i wasn t asked to re boot the computer i assumed i would and was not.   The slider thingy is all the way down with no reboot.

No i did not instructions say nothing about the printer power being off and nothing about the plug being unplugged from the wall only the usb cable be disconnected so what might i try now ?

Its amazing that laptop number 1 doesn t connect but laptop 2 does so that begs the question why lap 1 doesn t if i can figure that out think i ll have my fix.

And wondering if the system log would show the printer / error number and wouldn t that be a huge help or maybe finding older brother drivers ? 

Very amazing and annoying i can t google a solid fix for " 0x000003eb " their must be one somewhere will keep googling .

Need help my printer is getting dusty . .

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

With the slide being at the bottom disables UAC, enable it to mid point and see if this resolves the issue.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

Ok tryed your suggestion up then down the slider thingy and still no pop up telling me i need to re - boot dang it .      can t re call ever seeing a pop up their .

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

If I understand this correctly you pushed the slide down, and then back up again?

If this is the case move it to the middle mark and leave it, then see if the problem continues.

#8 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

Yepp that's right I have will leave in the middle and after I re boot sometime today I will hope for a pop up; but stll very amazed and shocked that no one has a solid fix for this number error but will keep on googling somebody some where must have a fix.

And can t stop wondering why lap 1 doesn t work with the printer but lap two does how to I find the differences; their should be none haven t found them yet but still thinking and comparing do I just remove the bloat from lap one and then all is good again ?

Why is nothing ever easy - later .

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

The reason you will not find a solid fix is because these errors usually will have several possible culprits.  The problem which the error code is pointing out could be related to software and/or hardware.  It could be related to multiple problems.  For this reason you need to look for other clues as to what is going on.

What is the make and model of this computer and the printer.

As for registry cleaners and optimizers.

The following was originally posted by Animal, one of our Site Administrators.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.

Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.

Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.

The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in unpredictable results.

Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.

#10 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

Hum Okkk -  its a brother printer MFC - J470 DW  and the lap top is an Asus U57A and use it a lot on it now; hope that helps . 

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

The instructions for that model are on the disc which came with it.  Look at the troubleshooting section to see what they suggest.

#12 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

Yes been their and done that all they do is to repeat this here and of course make sure the printer is off then turn on then plug in and then follow on screen instructions theirs nothing on the web site or in google or on the cd to fix the number code which I find amazing .

I had brother techs doing remote viewing for over 1 hour doing remote viewing and they gave up ; then chatted to asus techs asus blames brother and brother blames window s 7 and me the user stuck in the middle and so far nothing fixs the problem .    So checked the MS site they say not their problem its the users job to figure the mess out but I did find this so thinking of trying the clean boot mentioned then figuring out someway to compare lap 1 to lap 2; compare them to each their must be answers their but haven t figured that out yet and thinking its a good idea to review system error logs; should be number errors all over that log posted should be a huge help .

Think I need bigger smarter folks to do a remote view assuming I can find somebody to trust .    and ops must check process's . exe    Nothing is ever easy dang it .

#13 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

Ok think I have something maybe a fix after much googling worth a try but I have three questions ok ?

How and where do I turn off then back on the print spooler;  then I did a search for the 64 bit line and nothing comes up and lastly came up with two folders 3 both are empty for now so I re name them both correct ?

Still need a tad more help don t want any mistakes; can t wait to hear from you this might fix the problem fingers crossed - thanks . . .

This steps do work well for me.

Do them at your own risk.

Backup registry before you do anything!!!!

Stop "Print Spooler" service first

Then base on your platform delete all keys below the version-3
for 32 bit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Wind ows NT x86\Drivers\Version-3

for 64 bit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Wind ows x64\Drivers\Version-3

go to the folder "3"
 C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3
 rename it to "3.old"

Start the "Print Spooler" again and install your printers

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

There is a much simpler and safer way to stop and restart the print spooler.

Click on the Start orb and type cmd in the Search programs and files box.  Programs will appear above the Search box with cmd below it, right click on it and choose Run as administrator.

An image of the Elevated Command Prompt similar to the one below will open.

Screenshot2.jpg

To stop the pint spooler type in net stop spooler and press Enter

You will see a message telling you that the pint spooler is being stopped, and then that it has stopped successfully.  

To restart the print spooler type in net start spooler

You will see a message telling you that the print spooler is being started, then that is has started successfully.

Close the Elevated Command Prompt and restart your computer.

Edited by dc3, 20 December 2013 - 08:45 AM.

#15 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:17 AM

OK still having the small number error issue; the printer is collecting dust; wonder if i should try deleting things from the device manger might something on their be blocking the install; hum sound card; or optical drive etc ; can they be deleted with out crashing the system and then hope do i re install them; any new fixs out their -  later .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users