Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

!Galaxy S4 Anroid Update To 4.3 Battery Depletion

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Justa

Justa

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

Hello,

I own a AT&T Galaxy S4 currently running Android 4.2.2.  Like many of you I have anxiously awaited the update to Android Jelly Bean 4.3.  From what I gather AT&T released the upgrade in November and then later pulled up.  Galaxy S4 Jelly Bean upgrade by different carriers throughout the world were experiencing rapid battery drain issue.

AT&T rereased the 4.3 upgade in early December once again.  I thought I would wait a while to see if there were still compliants on the battery issue.  So last night I called AT&T customer support on the issue who said I really need to talk directly to Samsung as the issue is totally in there court.  The AT&T rep called Samsung directly and connected me to someone knowledgeable on the subject.  Unfortunately I missed her job title.  Samsung like AT&T seemed completely honest and indicated the the upgrade version is running more software which of course increase battery consumption.  She didn't indicate a fix was on the horizon and I got the feeling the S4 running Android 4.3 will continue to do so.  I heard no specifics on expected battery life but I got the impression that the issue was quite significant.

Overall I am very pleased with this phone running 4.2.2.  I will not even attempt to upgade this phone period.

If you go through the settings screens you will eventually find "Check For Updates".  If you push this buttom their is no turning back, the phone is locked into upgradding Android 4.3 and will continue until completed.   Apparently "Check For" really means "Check for upgrades and install". This might possibly be my fault from an error in setup.

I should note that I had some difficult understanding the Samsung's rep's English so please check all this yourself before upgrade.  Make sure you run a backup prior to upgrade also.

In closeing I must say that the support from AT&T and Samsung has always been steller.  The technical competence of Samsung is right at the top of the list.

has always been top notch, I didn't have to wait for either company and in particular I have the ghhg

ightest

All my comments pertain exclusively to the Galaxy S4 with Jelly Bean 4.3.  It may work perfectly on other configs.

Please note any errors and post corrections.

Thanks and have a happy holiday!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users