I will have to go and disable just about all my addons to try and figure this out...
A few games I play are not working in firefox right now. one wont load at all, another goes to 80% and then stops.
The game that wont load at all was working just 3 or 4 days ago.
Since the last time it worked... well, my memory is kind of poor when it comes to time and days... I thought firefox updated recently but I don't remember.
I have not added any addons, I know that much. The last day one game worked... it was, at least I blamed it, hogging resources. Everything was bogged down and I went into task manager to find firefox using 3 Gb of memory. My system has only 4Gb so that is a problem. I shut firefox down and reopened it and things ran more smoothly. I don't remember if I tried playing that game again after that, but it doesn't seem that it has worked since then.
I guess I have to go disable all my addons and try things out one at a time... and if that doesn't work, I'm looking at reinstalling firefox all together.
I will not use chrome(in case anyone wants to suggest that) and I don't want to use IE either.
I did just login to facebook using IE and tested one of the games and it is working through that.
Anyway... off to troubleshoot...
Side note... There's a million things about facebook that frustrate me... :/
Seems my photo uploads are suffering in quality lately. grrr
hmmm... You know, I started the topic to get suggestions while I tried some more thigns myself... because, as computer issues often are like this, it wasn't making sense.
ALL the addons I had, I was using before when it worked. As it turns out... it was the tracker blockers. Both avast and DoNotTrack were blocking trackers for those pages. BOTH addons, tried them one at a time, were causing this issue.
Once I allowed tracking for those... one was specific to one app, the other was a facebook tracker, then the apps loaded.
This is the burden of trying to have security tight on a computer... always tweaking things... but, I still find it worth it.
Odd that it worked and then it didn't... I'm guessing either the trackers were added or... most likely... the blocking addons were updated in that time.
Edited by millipede, 17 December 2013 - 04:28 PM.