Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube problem

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 cthulhu101

cthulhu101

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hello,
like the topic says i have problem with playing youtube videos. I can browse internet normally but when it comes to watching some videos, image starts to lag (sound too) even when they are buffered. I couldnt find any solution to this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it, and checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

#3 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

Run the Junkware Removal Tool.
http://thisisudax.org/

Open your device manager hit the start button then right click on computer then select properties then select device manager.

In device manager, click the View menu and select Show hidden devices

Then hit view again and select devices by connection.

Then scroll down right click and uninstall the drivers listed below,dont worry these will be reinstalled upon reboot by windows.

Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock
Net BT
Http
Net Io Legacy Support Driver
Tcp/ip Protical Driver
Tcp/ip Registry Compatibility
NSI proxy Service

Each of these files will request a reboot after uninstall wait until the last one to reboot.

Disable ipv6
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9728869

Remove your tunnel adapters.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9728872

Run this tool and get the best dns server for your machine.
https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

Now apply the dns settings.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001161.htm

After you apply the dns server found open elevated command prompt and type the following hitting enter after each.

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns

Hit the start button and type services.msc then scroll down to the computer browser service.
Right click and stop the service.
Right click again and select properties.
Change the start up type to disabled
Hit apply ok.

Repeat the same for the iphelper service.

Then follow the steps in this link and reboot the machine.
http://mitchribar.com/2013/02/how-to-stop-youtube-sucking-windows-guide/

After completing the steps above your youtube should run rather smoothly. :)

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

Might also be worth doing a clean install of adobe flash.
http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041846

Open your device manager and un install your audio driver and reboot.

Also tell us if this happens with all of your browsers or just one in particular.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

Again please do not perform any of the advice mentioned above until you post the requested information in post number 2.

The above troubleshooting steps could potentially cause your computer not to boot up, malfunction, or have stability issues.

SO please provide the requested steps in post number 2 and ignore post 3 and 4 for now.

#6 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

Lol what part of this will cause a computer not to boot.

No Part of my instructions will cause your computer not to boot up, malfunction, or have stability issues.

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 17 December 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock
Net BT
Http
Net Io Legacy Support Driver
Tcp/ip Protical Driver
Tcp/ip Registry Compatibility
NSI proxy Service

Removal of these services can cause major systematic issues dealing with inability to load, inability to connect to the internet at which point a reinstall or repair installation will be required causing more work. Under no circumstances should you attempt to remove files or services that are critical to the overall stability of your computer.

If you want to reset winsock, there are far better and more reliable ways to do so that do not impact your system stability.

Now apply the dns settings.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001161.htm

After you apply the dns server found open elevated command prompt and type the following hitting enter after each.

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns

Flushing your DNS Cache is not recommended to fix youtube settings. If you were having issues connecting to the youtube then maybe that would be the route to take, but in ths case slow youtube performance can be boiled down to either a slow connection to the internet service provider or issues along the path to youtube with your ISP.

So please refrain from doing anything above until you have provided the answers to my questions in the second post of this thread.

#8 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

The statement above is not true this guy is hilarious.

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

The statement above is not true this guy is hilarious.

Having said that...tell me just how that proves to be of any informational benefit to the OP?

I love opinions...but I like reasons that inform all of us...a lot better than just mere opinions that do nothing to address the topic or assist the OP.

We are here to be educated, to learn, to resolved...how does your opinion fit into that scheme of posting?

Louis

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

@cryptodan and InadequateInfirmity

Knock it off you two! This is the second topic I have seen you two hijack with your personal attacks with each other. I don't know what your problem is with each other. Frankly I don't care either. My focus is that our members get assistance. If you two can't play nice then both of you will not be welcome.

I will not reply again to a topic. You will both be gone.

@cthulhu101

My apologies for these two members using your topic for personal reasons to argue. This is not the usual way we handle assistance. You can either choose to follow one members advice or neither members advice and wait for someone else to hopefully step in. Again my personal apologies for this rare misstep by our members hijacking your topic.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Regards

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#11 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

I guess I'll chime in to help.

First of all what browser are you using? Chrome, Internet Explorer, FireFox? 

Also what extensions do you have installed for that browser you are using? Depending on the extension it can slow down the browser. 

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users