Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Echo on New Laptop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TheTetrapod

TheTetrapod

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

Hi, I joined to ask about a problem with my new Inspiron 3521. I noticed that audio playback through my headphones has a defined echo. I've done some research, but nothing I've found has had any effects. I've tried both silver and gold headphone connections, my microphone is off, and all realtek enhancements are disabled. I've noted that in Winamp, when messing with the balance, turning it entirely to the left or right, the opposing side's audio will still play, though the echo is not present. That leads me to think it's a software issue, but I can't find any pertinant options. If anyone has any ideas, I would much appreciate some feedback. Thanks!

EDIT: Eureka! I feel dumb. So, I glanced at my status tray thingy, and noticed a speaker icon for "Dell Audio". Opened it up, disabled everything, and the echo stopped. Seems like my audio was getting double processed. Nevermind.

Edited by TheTetrapod, 17 December 2013 - 02:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users