Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Issues with Wireless Adapter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iamelmo1

iamelmo1

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

Recently my wireless adapter has been acting strange and I've been receiving massive spikes in ping, jitter but no packet loss. It's gotten so bad that in order to maintain some form of ping in games i would have to reset my wireless adapter every five minutes. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

Many types of devices can cause wireless interference including Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, fluorescent lights, microwave ovens, outdoor microwave links, WiMAX, wireless game controllers, wireless video cameras, Zigbee devices, and so on. Even bad electrical connections can cause broad RF spectrum emissions.

#3 iamelmo1

iamelmo1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

Yeah that is true so i made sure their wasn't any interference's but when i use a external wireless adapter is works perfectly fine so I'm guessing the built in adapter is becoming obsolete?

#4 wing987

wing987

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

The built in antenna's/cards are still relevant.  Nobody likes to have an antenna tehy need to carry with their laptop.  However if you are using just an antenna, then I would look for a replacement internal antenna for your wireless card.  However it sounds like you are using an entirely new wireless card connected externally, most likely via USB.  Since this works as you want it to it sounds like your internal wireless card broke. This can occur for many reasons (such as a drop, heat source, power surge etc). 

To fix this, first look up the PROPER way to access the wireless card for your specific computer. Second, ensure that the antenna is connected to this car properly. Reassemble and check your wireless.  If the problem still occurs, order a wireless card that is compatible with your model of computer.  Preferably the same part that your computer is already using (check your warranty! This may be free!). Once you receive the part you need to remove the old one and put in the new one. Properly.  You should be able to use the existing antenna that is built in as they do not break often (but are cheaper to replace, hence me stating to check it first).

Note: This will resolve the problem 99% of the time, but like anything to do with computers there are other issues that could cause this problem.

-- Windows 7 Ultimate on custom built system, Windows 10 on under powered laptop. Sophos UTM 9, Ubuntu Server and Windows Server 2008 R2. HyperV Virtualization --

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality," John F. Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users