Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 install disk help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 artash101

artash101

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

i have a hp touchsmart pc 520 and im trying to install windows 7 on my new hard drive its a toshiba 1tb hard drive and i chose the custom advanced installation. first thing that shows at the "where do you want to install windows?" is that windows cannot be installed to disk 0 partition 1(show details). i click on the message show details, and it says windows cannot be installed on this disk. This computers hardware may not be supporting booting to this disk. ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu. 

If you guys know what to do so i can get my computer working again please let me know, it would be very much appreciated. thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

I'm guessing that you need to format the drive.  Here is a walkthrough that should help.

#3 artash101

artash101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

I'm guessing that you need to format the drive.  Here is a walkthrough that should help.

OH also i just saw that walkthrough but i noticed something that i dont have a system partition. it just says primary partition as a 1tb hd.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

Start at that page in the walk through and delete the existing partition and then create a partition to install Windows 7.

#5 artash101

artash101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

Start at that page in the walk through and delete the existing partition and then create a partition to install Windows 7.

wow wtf.. i was trying to fix this for 2 hours and a simple ejecting of the hard drive and restart of my comp got me right though... well thank you for your help 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users