Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE11 to IE8

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mloo55

mloo55

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:29 AM

My laptop was updated automatically to IE!! but as I need to realize some operation when

I use IE11 I does not accept so I asked the reason to and answered I should use IE8 or IE9.

How can I do to return to this old versions? My lapt has windows 7 and is a Toshiba satellite

L745.

rgds

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:31 AM

What is the exact issue?

#3 Techonline

Techonline

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

Hello Mloo, 

Iam not going to suggest you to keep IE 11. Thats your Wish, It May Gives you some Problem , Iam here to help you to downgrade your IE 11 to older version IE 9 or IE 9. 

1. Go to control Panel, Select Programs and Features, In Left of the Windows , You can Find View installed Updates, Please click on that. 

Installed Updates will be shown there, In that windows, Right most corner , Search Box will be there , Please enter "internet" in that Search box ,It will be show          Internet explorer 11 in that windows , Please right click on that and click on uninstall. 

Process will go and ask you to restart the system, please restart and check you IE version , IE version will be 10 or 9 0r 8. 

Please do this once you uninstall IE 11 Update.. 

Remember that once you've removed IE11, you need to go into Windows Update, "Check for Updates."  Once that's done, go into the list of updates, right-click on Internet Explorer 11 and choose "Hide update."  Otherwise it will just reinstall itself again the next time updates are installed.

Thanks to BeckoningChasm. 

RBM

Thanks

RBM

Edited by Techonline, 17 December 2013 - 08:47 AM.
Removed email address - Hamluis.

#4 BeckoningChasm

BeckoningChasm

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

Remember that once you've removed IE11, you need to go into Windows Update, "Check for Updates."  Once that's done, go into the list of updates, right-click on Internet Explorer 11 and choose "Hide update."  Otherwise it will just reinstall itself again the next time updates are installed.

#5 Techonline

Techonline

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

Thank you , 

I just forget inform this ...

#6 mloo55

mloo55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

Techoline, really thanks for helping with this isuue cos I did and now i can
do my work.
rgds
mloo55

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

So the issue was with incompatible websites that were broken with IE11? You never did explain what your issue was and provide sites that you were having issues with.

There is a compatibility view option within Internet Explorer 11, and downgrading to an earlier version of IE8 opens your computer up for vulnerabilities and potential for malware to get in.

Please provide the answer to the questions I have asked.

#8 Techonline

Techonline

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:40 AM

Techoline, really thanks for helping with this isuue cos I did and now i can
do my work.
rgds
mloo55

You are welcome, But i would suggest you to use Google Chrome. Which is the good one to use and Keep Our computer safe. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users