Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Online client similar to Microsoft Outlook - Needs to be able to have POP mail

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 David Ashcroft

David Ashcroft

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

Really hope I can get some help!

We are currently using Outlook for mail and each computer has about 5/6 Email accounts added to it as POP as we run several companies.

We are looking for an online alternative so that people can check their mail from home etc.

I have checked several different online systems such as outlook.com and Gmail but they all seem to want me to add MX entries and prove ownership! 

I just want something that allows me to add accounts exactly like Microsoft Outlook. So i can just add accounts add the mail settings and then be able to send and receive mail from the account.

All of our mail systems are setup in cPanel with out host, so i do litterally want it to work like Microsoft Outlook works.

Any ideas?

Thanks! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:39 AM

Any device with a mail account should be able to connect to your POP3 server with ease.

What are you using for a mail server?

#3 David Ashcroft

David Ashcroft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

The web server that we host our domains as stated above. 

We have a domain with nameservers set to web hoster, web hoster has emails setup.

Just want a online alternative to Microsoft Outlook that will do the same thing when i add mail to it via the POP method.

thanks! 

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

You mean webmail?

Or an actual mail client to replace outlook?

#5 David Ashcroft

David Ashcroft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

i mean a webmail system that does EXACTLY the same as microsoft outlook so i can add my own pop mail accounts to it....It just needs to be online based instead of on the local machine and it needs to be free.

Thanks! 

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

Are you using IIS for webserver or apache?

#7 David Ashcroft

David Ashcroft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:36 AM

It is all hosted through https://www.vidahost.com/ a web hosting company. The company use cPanel as stated in the original message so I assume Apache.

All of our domains have their nameservers changed to point to Vidahost web servers. The mail accounts have been created in cPanel and can be accessed indivually online via cPanel if we need to. We have added all of our mail accounts to our local computers using Microsoft Office 2013, each account simply brings the mail down using POP and is set to leave a copy on the server for 14 days...

That is it. I basically want to get rid of outlook and setup online accounts in something that does the same thing as outlook (so i can add accounts as pop and store on server for 14 days etc) and it just brings the mail down to this online system....

I hope that makes sense now :)

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

Your cPanel should have an option for a webmail client that can be used on each domain.

#9 David Ashcroft

David Ashcroft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

I said that in the message above...i know this "The mail accounts have been created in cPanel and can be accessed indivually online via cPanel if we need to. "

Each person has 3 or 4 accounts, i NEED it to bring all accounts together that the user has and be able to be accessed online just like outlook but fully online based!

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

There are various email clients that you can use and they are as follows:

http://www.pmail.com/

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

Windows Live Mail

The various Apple Products

Any of these: http://email.about.com/od/windowsemailclients/tp/free_email_prog.htm

#11 David Ashcroft

David Ashcroft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

It needs to be fully online based, please read what i have said :') 

#12 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

Then you will need to get with your webhosting provider to see what they offer as far as web mail applications.

You could ask them about the following:

Roundcube

Squirrel Mail

Zimbra

Horde

There are various others, and online based to me means something that can be accessed via a computer or other device.

#13 David Ashcroft

David Ashcroft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

I used Outlook.com 

When you login and go to mail, under options there is a section to Add Send/Receive account, i went to this and added all the mail server settings to my web host and now i can receive my mail for all accounts via outlook.com 

That is what i meant by online based! So i can access via the internet anywhere! Roudcube etc already existed but only allowed me to look at individual accounts, i had to login each time i wanted to check a diffeent email address....

#14 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

Now that makes much better sense, I had thought that you wanted to do this for each account separately.

Thank you for posting your resolution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users