Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Wont Boot: 0xc0000098?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Megaheff

Megaheff

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

Hiya.

Im running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and im getting this come up when booting up...

File: \windows\system32\drivers\fs_rec.sys

info: windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt.

I hope someone can help as not only is this my studio computer with important recordings from the the last 10 years but it also has photos of my 4 year old son from the last 3 years (i know, i should of backed it up!)

:-(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Brandon Young

Brandon Young

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

When Did it happen ? Im no expert But I may be able to help I know a way to get the files back at least. If thats what you want. I only know how to get the files back.

Edited by Brandon Young, 16 December 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#3 Megaheff

Megaheff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

It all started to go wrong earlier today. Getting the files back would be a great start!

#4 Brandon Young

Brandon Young

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:00 PM

Download http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/unetbootin-xpud-windows-latest.exe &http://noahdfear.net/downloads/bootable/xPUD/xpud-0.9.2.iso

You have to have a flash drive for this to work. Download the first one and then run the download. A screen will pop up and And it will give you format options for a flash drive select a flashdrive to format to. Then download the second one and click browse and look for that download. Then click ISO image button and then click the button to format to the flashdrive.

After Doing those steps plug the flash drive into the computer and push f12 and Then select usb tab. The software should pop up and select english. I will provide more details after youve done these steps. Sorry If I made this complicated.

#5 Brandon Young

Brandon Young

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

You still with me?

#6 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Hiya.

Im running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and im getting this come up when booting up...

File: \windows\system32\drivers\fs_rec.sys

info: windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt.

I hope someone can help as not only is this my studio computer with important recordings from the the last 10 years but it also has photos of my 4 year old son from the last 3 years (i know, i should of backed it up!)

:-(

Can you boot into safe mode? If not pop in a Windows install disc and pull up a command prompt.

Try 

chkdsk /r

and

sfc /SCANNOW

Unofficial iOS Genius

#7 Megaheff

Megaheff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

I managed to finally find a solution to my problem. I booted up Hirens Mini XP & copied over a new fs_rec.sys file into the \windows\system32\drivers\ folder on my hdd & hey presto!

Thanks for your advise. I was seriously close to giving up & re-installing windows.

I'll be getting myself an external hdd as soon as im paid :-P

#8 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

Glad to hear you found a solution!

Unofficial iOS Genius

#9 Brandon Young

Brandon Young

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

Nice job Nice to hear you fixed the problem. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users