Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Help Please...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mitch789

Mitch789

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:49 PM

Ok ok

so i had gotten this new computer about 6 months ago and everything is perfect and everything but one problem it has a whole different language (WE had asked for it to be in a different language before it came to us but now we just want to change it without spending at least 500 bucks)..

but thats not JUST the problem

i figured that maybe if i switch regional settings around itd work but it doesnt really..

before i had restarted the computer most programs would work but some of my programs have to be switched to the US regional settings before they can work..

so i switch it to american but then the programs wont even open up.. i mean some files come in .zip's and they wont even open up..

the whole point is that i would like my computer to be all american without me having to pay another 500 bucks just to switch it to english..

please help me

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 07 May 2006 - 06:46 PM

Tools>options>language. Is English United States selected?

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2006 - 06:50 PM

If you have the installation cd you may have to reinstall XP selecting English as the language, or if that isn't successful possibly contact Microsoft to exchange your valid, licensed CD for one that is in English, I am not sure.

Too much code is written in the language you chose to just reselect English in the settings I believe.

Edited by Enthusiast, 07 May 2006 - 06:51 PM.

#4 ackack

ackack

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2006 - 04:35 PM

I kinda have the same problem... my computer is in korean and lets just say i cant exactly read korean.. so this is a huge problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users