Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HowDecrypt or CryptorBit Encrypting Ransomware - $500 USD Ransom Topic

• Please log in to reply
1728 replies to this topic

#1006 piglet 65

piglet 65

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

Hi decrypterfixer & piglet 65,

Thank you very much by your collaboration!!!

I'll do the donation, I've recovered some files xls, xlsx, doc, docx; I have a question, did you find how decrypt office files with macros?  I have a lot of office files with macros (xls, xlsx) but the App didn't fix it  :(

How can I contact you directly?

Thanks advance!!

Thank you both!!

I will do it.

Cesatti .... There's a link in a PM I've sent you for 2 of your files. Please have a look. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#1007 ursanbear

ursanbear

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

APOLOGIES IF THIS IS THE WRONG LOCATION TO ASK!

decrypterfixer, I am currently trying to use the latest anti-decryptoybit 2.0 using the "all in one fix".

I'm currently logged in as admin and have full rights to everything.  I select the source (corrupt) folder and  then the destination but the app just comes back asking me to enter the distination folder again.

Source and destination folders are both off the root of a spare drive with plenty of space.  I'll admit there are a lot of subfolders in there, but I'm selecting the path farthest out and it still coming back asking for the destination folder.

Any suggestions?

#1008 cesatti

cesatti

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Hi decrypterfixer & piglet 65,

Thank you very much by your collaboration!!!

I'll do the donation, I've recovered some files xls, xlsx, doc, docx; I have a question, did you find how decrypt office files with macros?  I have a lot of office files with macros (xls, xlsx) but the App didn't fix it  :(

How can I contact you directly?

Thanks advance!!

Thank you both!!

I will do it.

Cesatti .... There's a link in a PM I've sent you for 2 of your files. Please have a look. Thanks.

Thank you  piglet 65!! I can open 2 files, the others files have many formulas.

Regards,

#1009 Nathan

Nathan

DecrypterFixer

• Security Colleague
  • 1,617 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

all you guys having trouble with the app on the all in one fix are not selecting a corrupted file also. I have already posted this, so please pay attention.

to use the all in one fix u must select a corrupt folder, destination folder AND CORRUPTED FILE. This Is so the app can search for the corrupted files and only attempt the fix on them.

this is also in the instructions on the app. Please read first before posting

Have you performed a routine backup today?

#1010 Tirox

Tirox

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

Any luck on fixing mp4 files. I submitted the correct files, but i have not heard back from you.

#1011 Raptor30

Raptor30

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:40 AM

Hi to all,

Last weekend i managed to decrypt 45 pdf files of a friend of mine infected with cryptobit virus...

I used HxD (Hex Editor) to do that,

Other file types like doc, docx, pptx, xls, xlsx, jpg are decrypted very well with DecrypterFixer tool.

*DecrypterFixer i'll send u pm later (becouse now i am at work) to give u the solution and if u want u can add this to your tool. 

After i finish with all pdf files of my friends pc, i'll try to find a way to decrypt mp4 files as well   

#1012 cryptocracker

cryptocracker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:43 AM

I have posted solution to fix pdf files as well as probable solution to fix other files as well in my latest blog post which can be reached at http://gaurangkp.wordpress.com

#1013 teodolit

teodolit

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:20 AM

Hi decrypterfixer & piglet 65,

I've recovered some files xls, xlsx, doc, docx; I have a question, did you find how decrypt office files with a password open? I rrecorede sone xls,xlsx files using  Anti-cryptor.But it could not decrypt xls,xlsx files proected byo password.How can I open them?

#1014 teodolit

teodolit

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

Hi decrypterfixer & piglet 65,

I've recovered some files xls, xlsx, doc, docx; I have a question, did you find how decrypt office files with a password open? I recovered some xls,xlsx files using  Anti-cryptor.But it could not decrypt xls,xlsx files proected byo password.How can I open them?

#1015 paveo

paveo

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:46 AM

App wont work on recent variant, sorry.

i would keep the files backed up on a external drive, or just somewhere safe, and wait out until one of us get a sample.

Hi.

I've tried Anti-CryptorBitV2 but it did'nt work. I think it's the new variant. For some files, i have corrupted files and correct files (from a backup).

Do you want i send you these files ?

#1016 Raptor30

Raptor30

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:57 AM

cryptocracker you are correct,

I allready try the demo version of Kernel for PDF File Repair Tool and do the job but dont recover the full pdf file. (left blank page1, page3, page5 etc...)

To recover the full pdf file you need to buy the full version.

With the hard way (HxD) u can recover the full pdf for free  

#1017 teodolit

teodolit

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:00 AM

Hi All

Is there anyway to recover xls,xlsx files proctected by password?

I am sorry for asking many times It is very urgent.

#1018 piglet 65

piglet 65

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:10 AM

Hi to all,

Last weekend i managed to decrypt 45 pdf files of a friend of mine infected with cryptobit virus...

I used HxD (Hex Editor) to do that,

Other file types like doc, docx, pptx, xls, xlsx, jpg are decrypted very well with DecrypterFixer tool.

*DecrypterFixer i'll send u pm later (becouse now i am at work) to give u the solution and if u want u can add this to your tool. 

After i finish with all pdf files of my friends pc, i'll try to find a way to decrypt mp4 files as well   

Glad to hear that the Fixer app has helped you.  

#1019 Nathan

Nathan

DecrypterFixer

• Security Colleague
  • 1,617 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

I have posted solution to fix pdf files as well as probable solution to fix other files as well in my latest blog post which can be reached at http://gaurangkp.wordpress.com

These 3rd party applications may have worked for the 512 variant in some cases, but not the newest one. Also out of 64 corrupted pdf's of the old variant, it repaired 2. And in those repaired pdfs where just a bunch of dots. So in the end 0/64. And purchasing them does nothing different than the free version, it just doesnt watermark them.

Do not purchase these 3rd party applications in hope of a fix for the new variant. You will find yourself with corrupted files, and out money.

Edited by decrypterfixer, 04 March 2014 - 10:01 AM.

Have you performed a routine backup today?

#1020 discgosforth

discgosforth

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

App wont work on recent variant, sorry.

i would keep the files backed up on a external drive, or just somewhere safe, and wait out until one of us get a sample.

Hi.

I've tried Anti-CryptorBitV2 but it did'nt work. I think it's the new variant. For some files, i have corrupted files and correct files (from a backup).

Do you want i send you these files ?

Looks as if Paveo was correct this morning about a new variant.

Just looking at a machine which was infected on 26th Feb and I can't unscramble xls files.

Tried the original and V2 of Anti-Cryptor and then both generate files which Excel 2010 can't open. It displays a message about incorrect file extension, then attempts to open the file but the contents are almost illegible. I can read the odd word so it's not encrypted.

Some of these Excel files are single sheets used to print out an invoice so the contents are very basic. I'll check back for the upload page and send a couple with my username. (Along with Word docs if I can find any.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users