Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Asus k53sj gets a high hardware interrupt and DPCs value.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 J.Blauwhof

J.Blauwhof

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

Hello everyone!

As the title says, I am getting a high interrupt value on my laptop. Using Process Explorer, it is indicated at usually somewhere between 10 and 12 cpu.
It started at the end of last summer, which was particularly hot, and might have caused it to overheat, although I am not sure that this is the cause.
I have already carefully opened it up to inspect the fan and other parts for dust, which was not there.
At the moment, it is causing the fan to make a lot of sound constantly, which is annoying, as well as not performing as well as I would like it to.

Also, what I've tried so far is to see if it depended on any recently installed drivers, so first I tried to just roll it back to an earlier point, which did not help. At that point I decided to wipe it clean entirely and reinstall windows which only process explorer installed, which didn't help either.
I have also tried updating all my drivers.

I am not really very knowledgeable when it comes to diagnostics, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 J.Blauwhof

J.Blauwhof
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:23 AM

The problem was solved after I updated the BIOS

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,309 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

First - Welcome to BC !

Second - Thanks for saying what the solution was.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 J.Blauwhof

J.Blauwhof
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Thanks Chris,

Seemed the courteous thing to do.

Edited by J.Blauwhof, 18 December 2013 - 08:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users