Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC will Boot but "No Signal on Screen"!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kiws

Kiws

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

Hello,

First i have to say this, its my first post and i hope i found the right place to post it and im not english to forgive me my speling mistakes...

So, lets get to my actual problem, ive had this pc for a long time with no trouble or anything, after coming back from a LAN with my friends my PC will boot and everything but gets no signal to the monitor, ive tried 3 different cables.. but none of them would fix it. Also when i first boot it, it will shut down automatticly after a few seconds, when i boot it again it "boots" like it used to do but with 2 fast beep sounds, 

Things i have tried:

1. Switching the power cable from PC and screen

2. Tried several monitors, so it needs to be a problem with the PC.

3. Switching out RAM

4. Checked all Cables

5. Removed everything and hold the start button for 30 secs

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

Make sure you have it connected to the correct video out on the computer.  Some computers have a video out from the system board and the one that is actually used is an add on card.

The other suggestion would be to reseat the video card as it may have come loose in the move.

#3 stv357

stv357

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:55 PM

video card is blown get a new one

#4 jmochnick

jmochnick

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:30 PM

If you're using a dedicated graphics card, maybe try to remove that and use the onboard graphics. 

If that doesn't help, considering the steps you have already taken I would have to agree with stv357 and say that the video card is shot.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

If you physically moved the system...and it worked properly before the move...chances are that something has loosened.  That could be video card, RAM, or connecting cables inside the system.  I would check those before assuming anything otherwise.

Louis

#6 jessen22

jessen22

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, something's probably loose or damaged inside.

You say you get 2 beep sounds when you turn it on; those beeps might help us figure out a bit more specifically what thing is not working.

Did you buy the computer just as it was, like pre-built? Or did you put it together yourself?

-- If it was pre-built, then do you know what the computer name, model, and that sort of thing is? For example, HP Slate 21-k100 All-in-One, or Dell XPS 8700?

-- If you put it together yourself, then do you know what the motherboard model is? Or just the manufacturer? Like  ASUS , Gigabyte, AS Rock, etc.

Using that information we can look up the codes and see what might be the problem.

Usually 2 beeps means just a generic starting error, or a memory/video-memory error. But that's not very specific...!

You did try to take out and replace RAM AND the video card, right? (Does it have a video card?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users