Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forums about hacking...?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 YesImOtto

YesImOtto

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:32 AM

I am quite surprised or maybe even shocked that there are forums out there that openly admit that they teach hacking. Why is this so? Isn't there some kind of police of the internet world whose job is to close down sites like that? Why let sites like that live? They will breed so many new and young hackers....I dont understand....There should be more forums like BleepingComputer, not hacking forums :guitar:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,768 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:42 AM

Hi,

there is no such thing as a global internet police, though some institutions try to make themselves appear as such.

The problem is that every counrty is responsible for their own part of the internet, so to say. The US certainly wouldn't allow Russia to come to the US and impound US servers because they were infringing on Russian laws and in the same way Russia doesn't want the US confiscating Russian servers because they're breaking laws.

In addition the legislation for internet related topics differs from country to country and some countries have no legislation whatsoever relating to the internet. They have other priorities, like ending civil war or preventing starvation.  So the concept of a world police, as such, is quite impossible for the time being.

In addition, I suspect many of these sites to be under observation from multiple law enforcement agencies, even if the site isn't in your jurisdiction, many of the people visiting may be and once you have collected enough data on them, they will press charges.

On a different note hacking isn't always bad. Many people learn about hacking not for illegal purposes, but because they want to be prepared and learn how to defend themselves. So called Penetration Testers, for example, are highly paid people that are hired by companies to hack them. These people will evaluate the company and create reports on the weakest links and how to better protect the company in the future.Personally I am interested in learning how to hack, not to break into other people's website but to better understand how the victims were owned.

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 YesImOtto

YesImOtto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

Very insightful post, thanks myrti.

Yes, I too am interested in learning hacking BUT only to see a website's vulnerabilities and exploits so I can better protect that website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users