Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows automatically wakes from sleep.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Valrok

Valrok

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

For several weeks, my pc has automatically woken up from sleep mode overnight and remained woken up for the rest of the day. I'm a little unsure of what I could test to troubleshoot this issue, I only know of one possible reason for why this has started occuring.

Several weeks ago I was prompted to install Intel Smart Connect Technology which is supposed to wake up your pc at certain hours of the day to check for updates. After the initial install however, I turned off the program so that it would not wake my computer from sleep mode (was waking me up along with it during the nights). I'm planning to test whether or not uninstalling the app will fix the issue. Also I've played around with the power options to make sure that the computer goes to sleep, however this simply does not happen during nights (it does go to sleep and remain in sleep mode during the day however).

Aside from that however, would anyone know of any other place to check? I've also been wondering if it may be a USB issue or a BIOS issue possibly. Below is some basic info on my pc.

Windows 8.1

i7 3770 - Ivy Bridge

Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB

ASRock Z77 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Samsung 830 2x256GB

Razer Naga (mouse)

Microsoft Sidewinder X4 (keyboard)

Note: I only use Windows Defender, I see no need in worrying much about antivirus/malware. I can easily reinstall Windows and start fresh if something ever happens (I prefer to start fresh on my own pc usually). My computer is used 95% of the time for gaming so there doesn't exist lose of data from reinstallation, only loss of time.

EDIT: I went ahead and uninstalled the Intel Smart Connect software and also noticed in my power settings that I had enabled a sleep timer. I've turned that off and will test and see if this fixes the issue.

Edited by Valrok, 16 December 2013 - 12:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

refere to here mate, same issue

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517466/pc-wakes-up-during-sleep-mode-by-itself/

#3 Valrok

Valrok
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

Thanks for the link.. My edit was correct in that it was the sleep timer (same as link), was able to confirm this morning when it wasn't turned on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users