Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can only access FB and Google

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 caddy11

caddy11

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

Okay, so last night I downloaded Tunnel Bear to my laptop (Dell WIndows 7). Halfway through the downloading process, I changed my mind and uninstalled the application. I went back to the open internet windows I was working with and the only ones that I had access to were FB and Google. No more Hulu, or Weather Channel, or news channels, or anything else I was looking at. I am on my roommates laptop right now, in the same house, so I know it isn't the router. Can someone help me with this problem? Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caddy11

caddy11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:14 AM

So I switched my settings to "no proxy" and now it all works. Thanks!

#3 Erin Walsh

Erin Walsh

• Banned Spammer
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

Wow!  Great trouble-shooting on your own and finding a quick answer.  I believe more people are becoming more able to answer their own questions due to the ability to Google It.  This kind of empowerment is encouraging and needs to be made known to those who feel like they are computer illiterate or not very tech savvy.  You don't really have to know all the technical knowledge yourself, if you know how to tap into the collective knowledge-base.  It never ceases to amaze me!  Great way to start a Monday....glad I logged in to BC this AM:-)

#4 ChelseaWoolf

ChelseaWoolf

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:39 PM

Maybe you have a virus. Maybe your Windows is corrupted.

Use Avast free and Spy bot. If that does not solve your problem...

Backup and install Windows again if the above does not work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users