Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Post A Reply On A Website

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

Hello !

I have been a registered member of a web site for the last 14 years and until a few days ago I never have had a problem on the site.

When I click on reply in order to respond to a post a box opens as usual to allow me to type in my reply. The options that are usually there such as font size, Bold, image, align left, align right,etc; are all missing.

When I type in my reply and click submit, a rectangular box pops up with a message that says:

Ajax response unable to be parsed as valid Json Object

When I close the box and hit submit again another box pops up that says:

You have already submitted this form

My response to the thread does not show up.

I also notice that when I hover my mouse over a thread before opening it, it does not show me the first few lines of what the thread is about before opening it like it used to.

I tried sending a message to the site owner using the private message option under his profile. When I hit submit I do not get the pop up boxes however there is no record under my profile that the message was sent.

I have tried logging in and out a few times and it does no good.

I just tried logging in to the site on my wifes laptop and it works fine.I am able to post and all funtions are there.

I am guessing there is something wrong on my end.

I have a Dell PC, Home XP, IE-8, SP-3.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks for your time.

Dennis

Edited by Dennis H, 16 December 2013 - 06:54 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

What site is it?

Please download and run Temp File Cleaner and try to post again to that site.

#3 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

Thanks for the reply cryptodan.

The site is Stripersonline (fishing website)

I ran the file cleaner you have suggested yesterday and still had no luck afterward.

Dennis

Edited by Dennis H, 16 December 2013 - 07:41 AM.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:59 AM

I would try downloading Firefox or Chrome and see if the issues appear there as it could be something that is not compatible with IE on that site.

#5 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

I recently added downloaded        ispell   to my computer to correct my spelling.

I just went to my add ons and disabled it to see if that was my problem.

I just tried to reply to a post on the web site and it worked. Apparently ispell was causing the problem.

Any idea why that would be ? I am not having trouble posting on other sites.

Dennis

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

it could be incompatible with IE causing it to break something. I would try using Chrome or Firefox they contain their own spell checkers.

#7 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

I would like to keep IE.

I have Google tool bar installed but the spell check feature only works about 25 % of the time.

Most times I get a pop up that says ' unable to process spell check please try again later'. I don't know what is going on with that. ?????

I am going to uninstall Iespell and try to find another spell check download that is compatable.

Thank You  for your help.

Dennis

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:07 AM

You can still keep IE, as you cannot remove it but IE causes a vast number of issues with various sites and that is why I do not recommend it for every day use. it is vastly incompatible with newer web technologies such as Web 2.0.

#9 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

Well I am back to where I was a while ago. I am not able to reply to threads on the site. What is odd is it worked earlier in one of the forums but not in another.

I just started my own thread on the site and it posted. When tried to respond to the thread I started , no luck.

Dennis

EDIT :

I just tried to repond to my own thread again and it worked this time.

The owner of the web site signed on with a new company to run the site for him. I know others have had issues downloading pictures and with double and triple posts showing up after hitting the submit button.

I am thinking the trouble is on their end and not mine.

I will try to reach the admistrator of the site on my PC or on my laptop if need be and ask about it.

Dennis

Edited by Dennis H, 16 December 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#10 Erin Walsh

Erin Walsh

• Banned Spammer
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

That really does sound like a browser issue, when you said you were able to access the information before.  Keep troubleshooting and checking your settings in each browser.  You should have better luck in Chrome.  Let us know how it goes....

#11 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

Please download and try Chrome or Firefox. They are far superior to IE.

#12 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

Well I was about to try Chrome out but I just read on the web site that some people using it are having trouble uploading pictures to that site. Apparently it is not just an IE problem. ( just guessing)

I will give it a day or so and see if things improve.Oherwise I will try Firefox Or Chrome.

I just don't understand why this became an issue for me all of a sudden. I am sure thousands of others on that site use IE.

Thanks again for the replies !

Dennis

#13 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

There could have been an update to the sites software that is causing the incompatibility issues with IE. The Chrome issues could be part of their own configurations and add ons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users