Jump to content
Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:13 AM
Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:17 AM
I use an External hard drive and Acronis True Image Home. It will backup everyting on your computer.
It has a non stop backup but I don't use that feature.
Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:00 AM
1. There are a ton of products that can be used to do this. It really comes down to personal choice on what solution you decide to use. Since I don't make actual back ups, nothing I have is that important that I don't already have a copy in the cloud, I don't have a solution to suggest to you.
2. A system image is a copy of the entire drive it a specific state. An image will contain the operating system, programs, and data files.
3. Recovery is a little bit more than just plugging in the drive, and this will have a big impact on the solution that you choose. For example if you use Windows Backup you have three options and the preferred one requires that you install Windows before you can restore others allow you to create a bootable CD or USB device to restore.
4. Having this done automatically will depend on the solution you select. Most backup solutions can be scheduled in one way or another.
5. I would recommend having different versions, for your own safety, if nothing else. That way if you need to restore then you have a couple of options that might have what you're looking for, rather than being an all or nothing. For example you accidentally delete a file and need it back, but you've already done another back up since the file was deleted.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users