Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

completely lost

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 freakinducky

freakinducky

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

I have a refurbished computer running window 8. I was running a scan which unfortunately I cannot think of the name of, as this happened over a month ago. What happened is my monitor completely Froze during the scan. after attempting to unfreeze it I must of hit a key that should not of been touched. My computer now will not actually run sorta. the screen is just a bunch of lines with a light brown background. The light on my actual tower will not come on. But here is where I am totally lost. When I hit the start button it sounds like it should well running. And I can charge my mp3 player on it with no problem. But seeing this computer was fairly new I am not able to give you much more of a description of what I am running accept windows 8 and gateway is on the front of the tower. I am hoping someone might have some idea if I can fix it myself rather then paying to get it fixed. Sorry about the few details I am sure that is going to make it harder for you to figure out possibilities.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

The first thing that comes to my mind and perhaps worth looking into, is where did you purchase the computer and is it still under warranty?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Immediately after pressing the power button start tapping the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options appears.  It will look similar to the image below.

Use the up or down arrow to navigate to Safe Mode and press Enter.

abow7_zpsc072f26e.png  Windows 7

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users