Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

recycle bin messed up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bobcahill

bobcahill

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:24 AM

when I right click on the recycle bin icon on my desktop it doesnt have the empty recycle bin option anymore.It was there last time I used it.

so I  opened it and it says in the top left. recycle bin tasks under that it has the option to empty the bin but nothing happens, so on the very top it has file ,edit , view etc.. i click on" file" and it has a empty recycle bin option and that works. my question is how do I get it to the way it was before ? so I can just right click on the icon to delete what ever is in there.

I have tried to fix it by going to run typing attrib -s -h recycler but it doesnt do anything just says it cant be found.

Thank you

Bob

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:59 AM

Try this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2394521

#3 bobcahill

bobcahill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:12 AM

That empties the Bin but doesnt solve my problem. 

#4 bobcahill

bobcahill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hi all. This fixed the problem I found it searching for corrupted recycle bin.. http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm  scroll down to #64

It added the recycle bin to the registry I am guessing..when i clicked on the download It asked if this was ok to add. C:\documents and settings\robert\desktop\restorerecyclebin.reg

Hope this helps someone else out.

#5 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

Glad you fixed it :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users