Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blocked email attachments

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Magic Sam

Magic Sam

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

I use Yahoo Mail on an XP Platform protected by Avast Free AV and Comodo Personal Firewall.  For some strange reason email attachments - even just pdf's from one or more trusted sources - are now being prevented from downloading onto my hard drive (after automatic scanning) as a prelude to being readable.  The Avast Forum people have so far been unable to think of an explanation that I have not tried so I am desperately looking around for one or more alternatives. 

The only thing that has changed recently is that deep scans by Ad-Aware and Avast uncovered some infected files which they have quarantined.  I have upgraded to the latest Avast version and have temporarily disabled the Avast Online Security extension showing on my Chrome browser list.  All to no avail!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users