Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting new memory to work in my motherboard

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Senter

Senter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Dear sir/madams,

I have visited your lovely chatroom multiple times and I want to thank you all for taking the time to respond and help me with my questions. Now to the problem at hand.

A few weeks ago I bought 2x 4GB of memory for my computer and my computer would not want to use it. I will post the system specs and operation system.

- Operation System: Windows 7

- Processor: Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.07Ghz

- Motherboard: asus p7p55d le (chipset: Intel)

- Memory: (OCZ Memory Platinum) 4 GB, PC3-10666, 1333 MHz, 7, Non-ECC, Kit Of 2

- Graphics: Ati Radeon HD 5830 - 1024 Mbytes, GDDR5.

- Hard drives: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 320 GB, 7200 Rpm, 16 MB, S-ATA II/300 working as one big hard drive
 + 1x another internal 1000 gb Toshiba hard drive.

I wanted to start getting myself to a better computer and I bought the Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 2x4 gb. After inserting them in my computer and starting it up the following thing happened. While the beginning screens of the computers flashed by I did notice Bios recognised them. Afterwards it tried to start Windows up and it loaded for maybe 1 second and then it suddenly booted up again. Then when windows tried to load I got a blue screen saying: IRQL not less or equal.
I talked about this problem in the chatroom and the conclusion was that the new memory was not compatible with my motherboard. They adviced me to get memory of lower Mhz.

So I did.

I exchanged it for the Corsair XMS3 1333 - 8 GB (2x4)

However it just did the exact same thing over again. I tried switching the memory around from both of them on the 2nd slot to the first. And also to remove the 2x2 gb memory and just running those. Well that didn't get me anywhere at all as it only showed the very first screen of the motherboard and would not load beyond.

So I am really wondering what to do. I have about a little more than a week to exchange it... again for another. Unless I might be able to make it work somehow through the bios. However, I assume you people would know.better.

If there is any information you need to have, I will answer as soon as I can.

Thank you in advance,

Senter

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

Did you checked the downloadable manual for compatible list on RAM/CPU speed compatibility? http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P7P55D_LE/#support

Tekken

#3 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

Compatibility was not an issue. Here are the specs for your motherboard.

Memory Standard DDR3 2000 (oc)/1600/1333/1066  It supports all these speeds. Maximum Memory Supported  There are 4 slots do 4 GB sticks should have worked. 16GB Channel Supported Dual Channel  Could the RAM you bought by chance be triple channel? Or maybe DDR2?

Edited by KingdomSeeker, 15 December 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#4 Erin Walsh

Erin Walsh

• Banned Spammer
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

I had a similar problem when upgrading and just uninstalled and reinstalled the software.  It somehow was able to sync up after and update.  The motherboard link was useful.  Having an unknown, like what speed you are dealing with is disconcerting.  Wish I had that resource about 6 months ago. 

#5 Senter

Senter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

Compatibility was not an issue. Here are the specs for your motherboard.

Memory Standard DDR3 2000 (oc)/1600/1333/1066  It supports all these speeds. Maximum Memory Supported  There are 4 slots do 4 GB sticks should have worked. 16GB Channel Supported Dual Channel  Could the RAM you bought by chance be triple channel? Or maybe DDR2?

I looked at the corsair website and found out the original one was supported. I have updated my bios and got back the initial memory sticks. However, I still run on the same problem. If I insert the two sticks, it just freezes after it said: Usb devices loading... ok. When I insert just one, same problem happens. if I put all 4 in, (old memory + new) I get the same problem as when I put one in. I also looked at AI overclocking and setting the memory up to 1600mhz. But that causes a different blue screen but still won't work. I am really clueless now as to what to do now.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,862 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

Appears to me that your motherboard does NOT support your CPU...which makes any use of unsupported CPU an iffy process, IMO.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P7P55D_LE/#specifications

Louis

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

Did you checked the DRAM OC feature for your particular RAMs installed? According to the motherboard manual :

6RGFPL7.jpg

The is only one stick allowed per channel on 1600 frequency.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users