Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from sunny, DRY California, just east of Sacramento.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 billtee

billtee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

New here, been using XP since it came out and need to continue using until it or I die in order to be able to continue using my old FS2004 (FS9) Flight Simulator on which I have many addons loaded and am concerned about redoing the whole system (I hope not.)  I have bought FSX and hope to put that onto a newer PC using Win 7, or the old trusty (when its working XP Pro.)

I do have 3 other PCs all running XP Pro that I do intend to convert to Win 7, many networked (I hope the Win 7 will be able to network with XP.)

I find that my FS PC using XP Pro has a corrupted HD and Windows issue that I do hope to resolve, if not I have no other option that to reinstall XP (or Win7, but I know XP much better than having to get acquainted witn Win7.)  So, I will be looking at the previous posts (I hope that I have the patience) and trying out fixes that may help me.  I would hate to reinstall everything again.  (I did do an Acronis TIB, but Acronis says that the old TIBs are not  "Acronis files," how can that be?  I must try Acronis help desk.

Thanks and nice to "meet" all you nice folks.

Bill T.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users