Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

encription module error12

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 donar

donar

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

hi i am having problems with " encription module error12 " in my XP pro desktop, i cannot type anything in this machine. i have had this problem previously but i managed to fix it by doing a system restore, this no longer helps. 

i run a paid for version of zone alarm and a free version of key scrambler, i have disabled both of these will no better result.

i have mozilla , I/E8 and google chrome browsers, have tried them all and this was of no help, any suggestions would be appreciated, than you donar

Edited by hamluis, 15 December 2013 - 03:25 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:07 PM

I saw some other problems on other sites such as this
the question being....what can you do with the computer? What AV are
you running? can you reinstall key scrambler?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

Key Scrambler error, see Troubleshooting FAQ, Key Scrambler Is Showing...

Louis

#4 donar

donar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

hi thanks for your reply, my AV is Zone Alarm and i have already re-installed Key Scrambler, i believe the problem is a registry matter ??? thanks donar

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

Why do you believe that?

What is the exact wording of the error message received, please?

Louis

#6 donar

donar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

hi, i get a green box across the top of a page that simply says " encription module error12 " and at the end of this message are crossed spanners ( tools ) i cannot remember what happened when i clicked these spanners. 

the problem has been going on , on and off for some time, as i said in my post i have previously fixed it , by restoring to an earlier time, but this does not help anymore. 

also i have not been getting this message in the green box for the past couple of days. the only thing i can see that it has effected in my desktop is that i cannot type anything in google etc, for example i could not type this reply from the effected desktop , i had to use one of my other laptops. 

regarding key scrambler as i said in the post i have deleted it , but i could  still not  type anything , so i reinstalled key scrambler. 

regarding why i think it is a registry problem , i was really suggesting what other people ( friends plus one programmer who works for me , on a sub contract basis ) tol me that it was a registry problem , i am inclined to believe those who i know more than i do. 

from my own experience i would have suggested a start up matter, the reason being that i remember that at one time i got this message on start up i closed the machine down and restarted it and there was no green box

#7 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

If you shut down the AV and reboot the computer would that make a difference?

#8 donar

donar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:58 AM

hi i have previously  shutdown both zone alarm and key scrambler and it did not make any difference,i have had this problem on and off for some time, i remember i once closed the pc down when the message came up,  and rebooted it,  the encription error did not come up the second time, would that mean a start up problem

there are people on the net who have  programs to supposedly  fix encription error12, but i wonder if they are not just other scanning programs and will not fix it at all. 

do you think it is a computer problem or a software matter, what i mean is, if i delete everything in say my docs , picture etc and reinstal all of these using the information in one of my other healthy computers ( which will be the same info anyway ) would that fix my problem ? thanks donar

#9 donar

donar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

hi thanks for all those who replied to my post, i advise that i managed to fix the problem myself. i had a spare USB keyboard, thought i may as well try it and bingo  problem fixed and i am typing this message on the previous problem desktop, regards donar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users