Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC wakes up during sleep mode by itself

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tragedy1191

Tragedy1191

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

For some reason, every few random days my pc turns itself on at exactly 3am. There's no pattern on what days, it just does it on random occasions. Just recently when my pc woke me up, I went to the bathroom and I noticed a huge glare in my living room.... it was the living room pc that woke up from it's sleep also!! That was the first time I went outside my room after my pc woke up so I'm not sure if the living room pc does the same thing. Is their a ghost in my house? haha or is there something acting up with the connection or something?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

Are you using wireless mice/keyboards?

I had this issue with my computer for a while, I figured out that it was caused by my mouse/keyboard, I had the logitech wave desktop, that operates at 2.4 GHz, at the time I was living at home and my parents had phones that were 2.4 GHz, and the wifi network was 2.4GHz, now this meant that anytime there was a phone call my mouse would start freaking out (clicking, running all over the screen etc) and my keyboard would type random letters. But it would also cause keys to be hit at random times, there was a power button on my keyboard so it caused the PC to wake up all the time. Now even when the phone was not ringing the router would send out polls to its devices every once in a while, causing interference again with the receiver and again causing wake-ups and random things.

#3 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

Sounds like the computer is waking up at 3 AM (Standard for win updates) and doing/checkign for windows updates.

Goto run and type in gpedit.msc  expand Computer Configuration/Administrativ Templates/windows Components/Windows Update/ then clcik on "Enable windows power managment to wake the computer"  change to disable if applicable. If enbaled =1 then it will be turning on at the time requested of the update time policy.

Edited by JohnnyJammer, 16 December 2013 - 08:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users