Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nwiz.exe - a new variation?????

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Taffy_078

Taffy_078

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

Hi. I've just been through the trauma of the Microsoft Live Uodates foul-up that caused 100% CPU useage by svchost on XP systems.

After two days of total nonsense (which brought me here - so that was a plus!), I've just downloaded twelve updates and all seems well now. The only issue is that WInPatrol picked up a new item: nwizz.exe/installquiet/keeploaded/nodetect.

I blocked it and the found nwiz referred to here under startups/nwix.exe-3838.html.

Is 'mine' the same or a new variation please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

nwiz is used by nVidia to provide extra desktops on computers with which there has not been any cleanly installed.

Here is the information:

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/nwiz/

#3 Taffy_078

Taffy_078
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

nwiz is used by nVidia to provide extra desktops on computers with which there has not been any cleanly installed.

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users