Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error loading operating system?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lance1992

Lance1992

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

Hey, new to this forum, not exactly a computer wiz either so bare with me. Basically, I moved the location of my tower yesterday as I was switching rooms, it was working completely fine and I shut it down properly etc before moving it, took it into the new room, set it all up, turned it on and it only gets to a black screen with "error loading operating system" keep in mind I didn't try reinstalling windows or anything on it, it was just me turning my computer back on like a normal day and that shows up. From what I've read it seems like a harddrive error and the harddrive is broke. I inserted my windows 7 disc (yes it was running windows 7) went through the bios etc to set it to boot from the disc, as I was in bios I noticed that the bios still detected my hdd so that would mean the hdd is not broke? Anyway I tried setting it up through the disc and it give me the option to install windows 7 to my hdd and also my external hdd, it said it can't install disk 0 partition 1 on the external so I tried installing it on the internal hdd on the windows 7 install screen and it come up with error  0x80070057. As I said before I am no computer wiz but if anybody is willing to help me figure out how to install windows back onto my computer on the external or internal i'd really appreciate it, thanks guys.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Immediately after pressing the power button start tapping the F8 key till the Advanced Boot Options opens.

You should see a image like the one below. 

abow7_zpsc072f26e.png 

Use the up or down key to navigate to Safe Mode and press Enter.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Lance1992

Lance1992
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

for some strange reason it occurred to me that I haven't tried unplugging the connectors to the hdd and blowing them to try and remove any dust..... lets just say the computer works. Sometimes it's the simplest of things. I feel quite stupid for even posting on this to begin with haha. Thanks for the reply though I do appreciate it.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

It's always good to hear that it was a simple fix. :thumbup2:

If there is that much dust inside the case I would suggest investing in some canned air and do some cleaning in the case.  Pay particular attention to the heat sink and fan assembly on the CPU and the fan on your graphics card if you have a dedicated card.

If you are not aware electrostatic discharges can kill board components, so you should touch the metal of the case before touching anything inside the case.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users