Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beyond Puzzled please help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 glennander

glennander

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

i have a laptop that is running windows 8 and it is caught in the continuous boot loop where it is telling me it is attempting automatic repairs with the little wheel that spins. So ill give a little info once restarting i do not get the option to enter the Bios and have been unsuccessful at putting it into safe mode it turn on directly back to this screen "attempting automatic repairs" So I pulled the Hare drive from my laptop and  put it in my PC once in my Pc it allowed me to enter the advanced options mode once there i reset the Hard drive followed on screen instructions went threw a whole set up for windows 8 just like it was a fresh install. So windows 8 is running fine now off the HD while in my PC i put the HD back into the laptop thinking all is well and i immediately i am returned to the "attempting automatic repairs" screen unable to enter the bios our advanced options menu once again. obviously the HD is working fine if it ran perfect on my PC what is going on with my laptop can i do anything to fix it ? i appreciate any help anyone can give me 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 glennander

glennander
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:46 AM

i can also reach the bios on the laptop if that changes anything 

#3 klj.disqus

klj.disqus

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:35 AM

This is going to sound odd, perhaps. However, it sounds like the cord that connects MB to HDD in the laptop is bad. I'd suggest return and exchange or a computer repair person. Not all of the information is getting through from one part to the other. This same message popped up on my lappy and my repair guy said it was the cable. he replaced it and voila... perfection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users