Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Evercool SFF-12 120mm fan problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OS51

OS51

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

So I got a fan as named in the title for my new computer build.  They send me a pack of 4 black screws.  It comes with a filter.  Apparently you're supposed to secure a grille to the fan with two screws, and the filter to the grille with the other two, whatever.

The point is, the screws are too fat.  You could strip them before you could screw them into their slots on the fan.

I see pretty decent reviews of this fan on Newegg and feel like I am the only one with this problem.  Am I doing something wrong, or should I get a refund?

By the way, none of the screws that came with my case are big enough to fit the fan, so that's not an option.

Thanks,

-OS51

Edited by OS51, 13 December 2013 - 10:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

I just had a look at the Newegg details and the packing list doesn't mention screws at all !  And looking at the images I was able to find, on Newegg and elsewhere, it's not clear if the screw go into the frame or through the frame.

How about a trip down to your local hardware store and see if you can find some screws to fit ?  Unless that is a long way away, in which case speak to Newegg.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

See if this helps any.

http://www.evercool.com.tw/install/instal_sff.htm

It is supposed to be mounted via the 4 screws that came with the fan.

Edited by chrisd87, 16 December 2013 - 11:13 AM.

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#4 OS51

OS51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

Yeah, as I said, the screws don't fit.  They are too big.  I tried just screwing them into the fan without even screwing it TO anything, just to see if they'd fit, and they don't.

Maybe I will check the hardware store for screws that will fit.  The reviews say it moves lots of air and is pretty decent; it does seem a shame to go to the trouble of returning it.

-OS51

See if this helps any.

http://www.evercool.com.tw/install/instal_sff.htm

It is supposed to be mounted via the 4 screws that came with the fan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users