Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just installed my old scanner onto my new laptop and the scanner won't work.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 comicbooksgo

comicbooksgo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

Hi expert types. I have a canon scanner/printer MX320 and I just hooked it up to a new laptop. I installed the disc and it installed everything for the mx320, but when I try to scan something I get an error code from scangear that says turn off scanner error in scanner code 2,148,0 . What should I do? My dell came with Windows 8, so I figured posting here was the right place....I've tried to see if anyone else has had this problem prior to me but every site I go to just has nada. I've already tried unplugging everything, and also pressing the scan function on the actual scanner. (which is pretty much the only advice anyone had on the other sites I went to). Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I really can't afford to buy a new scanner right now and I need it for work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hi,had the same trouble with my HP printer.Worked on Windows7 but not on 8.Went to there website and downloaded new driver and works fine now.Hope this helps.

#3 md2lgyk

md2lgyk

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

Go to the scanner manufacturer's website and get the latest driver for your model.  Be aware, though, that there may not be one.  If not, you're probably out of luck.  From what I've seen on various forums, a lot of hardware isn't supported for Win 8.

#4 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

Vuescan is a useful program, when you cannot get up to date drivers for an old scanner.

Hamrick Free Basic Edition of VueScan might help you:

#5 SteveOC

SteveOC

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

If it's this one, then it seems that Canon are still providing drivers for all versions of Windows :

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx320#DriversAndSoftware

Steve O.

#6 masx

masx

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

Don't forget the Compatibility mode, you might have to install the scanner as Windows 7, Vista or even XP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users