Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iogear Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle Trouble

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RoGuEIoN

RoGuEIoN

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

Good Day Everyone,

running Windows 7

first i had my Microsoft Sculpt Bluetooth mouse hooked up to it and wanted to use my mouse on my laptop (windows 8 bluetooth ready) and did so. when i went to move it back i had a bleeping time trying to hook it up so i couldent doit. so then i said i would try it on my wifes laptop(windows 8 not bluetooth) with the dongle so i did the following.

right clicked on the windows 7  bluetooth icon to turn off

Removed the device

tried plugging it into the laptop and the laptop didnt even recgonized that it was connected.

so i tried it back in the windows 7 desktop and didnt work again.

so one of two things after the fact of me not being able to hook up my mouse.

1) somehow damaged the dongle with the moving it from one computer to laptop

or

2) by turning off this device and removing it made it some how locked untill a turn on call calls it.

product link

http://www.iogear.com/product/GBU521/

thank you for your time to read all of this and also for your advice if you decide to leave any :) and if not well thank for reading.

Sincerely

Rogue

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users